2009: Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

Well, it was too nice out to resist putting the summer 18s on the car, even though I'm pretty sure it'll snow at least once more. So now that the wheels are on, I can take some pics and officially post my ride here...

driverside1.jpg

passengerside2.jpg

passengerside1.jpg

xdrs014.jpg

It's a 2008 Scion xD RS1. The xD replaced the much more rollerskate-looking xA model. 2008 was the first year.

At the end of every model year, Scion does a "Release Series" version of each of their models with limited production. They invariably include a special paint color as well as maybe a body kit, shift knob, interior trim, spoilers, etc. The 2008 RS1 was limited to 2000 cars and featured "Hot Lava" paint, a DAMD body skirt kit, the Scion rear spoiler, a Razo aluminum shift knob, TRD lowering springs, orange color-matched interior pieces and matching orange stitching in the seats and door panels. I also added the TRD Shock/Strut kit and TRD Rear Sway Bar to mine. I bought the 18x8" ASA wheels used with lightly used Falken 225/40/18s on them for $500 this winter and I've just been itching to put them on.

It's a goofy looking car. I've made my peace with that :) You either love it or hate it, and I have no doubt the majority will be in the latter category. I love it though, which should be obvious. It's super light, gets great mileage, was pretty inexpensive, and has tons of personality. Chances are you'll never see another like it, considering there's only 2000 in the whole world (some will surely say that's a good thing :P).

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not as bad as the square box with wheels Scion at least =P

Guess I'll copy my old post over from the other thread. Though the Jag will have new paint hopefully within the next couple weeks. The first pic also has the first truck I had (the one with the hood up :lol: ) and you can see the Monte Carlo parked in one of the other pics.

Picture003.jpg?t=1231704599

Picture005.jpg?t=1231704358

Picture002.jpg?t=1231704633

Picture009.jpg?t=1231704422

Picture006.jpg?t=1231704553

Picture002.jpg?t=1231704504

06-10-06_1821.jpg?t=1231705390

06-10-06_1818.jpg?t=1231705433

06-10-06_1819.jpg?t=1231705455

It wouldn't be my first choice for a car but it really isn't all that bad looking for an econobox style car...

EDIT:

That was in reference to Verran's post, I forgot to refresh the page...

:lol:

sick mustang. looks like its time for a sportier suspension and supercharger.

Haha, thanks!. I've got some Eibach springs on the way, along with new intake manifold, intake spacer, and 1/4 wheel spacers(to make it sit perfectly flush with the rear fenders.) Supercharger is way down the road. Heads and cams for now, I want the lope :D

I found mine in Sacramento for 3k. Once I saw the style of the 87-88 Magnas I was sold. Plus being able to smoke just about any Harley out there is a plus...minus like a V-rod.

Been thinking about putting the VTX headlight on it. It's already got the VTX shocks which lowers it a couple inches. And I need to find a new left side cover since two of the plastic tabs on mine got brittle and broke.