afterxx5.jpg

My car that mom drives:

96 Cavalier

cavch5.jpg

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks that they removed some features and added a few for the newer SS/TCs though, all while raising the price a few grand :( Of course the normal SS has always been a meh car to me, more power but without the proper suspension/tire/wheel upgrades to keep it under control.

Too bad the cars are nearly impossible to find in this area too. The older SS/SC was something you could find semi easy, yet I haven't even SEEN a SS/TC locally.

(Just a note to those wondering SC = Supercharged TC = Turbocharged, 05-07 was SC, 08+ TC)

Currently riding one of these, a bloody old Toyota LandCruiser BJ42 with fudged 4WD, only RWD is lots of fun in the bog!:

My mates ride (aka the one we drive to work with), an 82 Holden Commodore with a starting and transmission problems:

its a 91 s10. it has a 4.3l v6 TBI, NV3500 5 speed manual, 4x4. i'm not sure what transfer case and differential is in it. not sure what gear ratio either, but i'm sure that more than what you were asking. i got the truck for free after my buddy's dad gave it to him and he tore it apart trying to make an offroad truck out of it. it doesn't have a title, but another friend of mine has a 94 s10 2.2l 5 speed thats been sitting in field for 3 years because the clutch went out and he was too stupid to fix it. he said i could have it and it has a title. so i'm either going to swap the body from the 94 onto the 91 or the power train from the 91 to the 94. i'll base this decision on which has the better frame and how motivated i feel.

oh and that truck proves you can put 35" tires on a stock suspension. you just have to take the sawzall to the fenders lol

Edited by battery

oh and that truck proves you can put 35" tires on a stock suspension. you just have to take the sawzall to the fenders lol
Damn right.

A little snip here, rip a panel off there, cut that, cut this and you can fit 40"s on there if you have the right backspacing and don't want to turn much...

:lol:

You gonna make an Offroader outta her then? :D

yea, she's gonna be daily driven and capable of some offroad abuse. atleast thats the immediate plan. i have another truck i'm driving daily right now. once the s10 is done, i'm probably going to start rebuilding it for offroad use only. then i can jsut haul it with the s10 :P