Tri Sli Gtx285 Ocx Or Quad Gtx295

turbosnake

Dude, don't put your email out there like that! You're gonna end up on a million spam lists.

I'm not at all impressed with the way tri-SLI scales, so I'd say 2 295's. But do you have a monitor that will take advantage of that? Sounds very overkill to me.

?

He's getting two 295's, he's obviously doing more than that.

Why is that obvious?

I think the implication here is that a lot of people go overboard on stuff like this and often have no real use for it. You'd be amazed how many people post up mega-overkill builds only to later say they've got a 19" LCD or something like that. I'm not saying that's the case here, but after seeing enough of it, you start to get pretty skeptical when you see such a blatant bragging rights build.

Why is that obvious?

I think the implication here is that a lot of people go overboard on stuff like this and often have no real use for it. You'd be amazed how many people post up mega-overkill builds only to later say they've got a 19" LCD or something like that. I'm not saying that's the case here, but after seeing enough of it, you start to get pretty skeptical when you see such a blatant bragging rights build.

When my old roommate built a computer a few years back he bought the most expensive video card just because. He has never played a computer game in his life. I called him an idiot. He said it was his parents money. I hate rich kids.

yeah i'm only going to have one 295 with a 26" Samsung ToC and its still way overkill

lol how bout a 42" 1920x1080 screen? 295 overkill? currently have one gtx260 216 65nm

Why do so many people think screen size matters? It makes no difference whether you have a 17" or a 64". It's the resolution of that screen that matters. My 17" laptop screen is 1920x1200 and so it my 24" HP w2408h. The 17" is crisper because all of the pixels are smaller and packer more tightly. Resolution is the only thing that matters when it comes to selecting a video card. It's all about what the maximum resolution of the screen you'll use is.