Video Reviews

Crow47

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I think it'd be amazing if OCC did video reviews on certain products. I love being able to see a product in a video. I find they keep my attention a little more than the standard text-based reviews.

I'd be willing to help out, I have media production experience and access to all the necessary equipment to produce quality video. I'd love to be a part of the video review staff! :P

Just an idea, lol.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have talked about it. Time and cost are two big issues and having the equipment to do it. We may do videos for certain things but I don't think we will be doing it all the time thats for sure.

The only part of a review that I'd like to see in a video format is perhaps the product in action, and or a general overview of the product (it's parts, inputs, outputs..etc.) giving us a good look at what's available for purchase :P

Actually, if you would put the conclusion at the front, that'd be great. :D

:withstupid: ... :unsure: ... :blush:

While I'd like to claim I read every word of every OCC review, I just don't. Sometimes I just want to know what the reviewer's overall thoughts on the product were and our reviewers have gotten quite good at summing up their findings into really good conclusions.

As far as video reviews, I would think that it would be cool for some products but boring for others. A video review of a video card? Meh. Just show me the benches, show me the OCs, show me the cooling and get on with it. :) But for keyboards, mice, games (if we ever get back into that)? Now that would be much more beneficial.

As far as video reviews, I would think that it would be cool for some products but boring for others. A video review of a video card? Meh. Just show me the benches, show me the OCs, show me the cooling and get on with it. :) But for keyboards, mice, games (if we ever get back into that)? Now that would be much more beneficial.

I was thinking cases myself.

Yeah, clearly some products are better left to the good ol' text reviews, with video cards and things like that it's better to have pages where you just show the benchmarks.

There is nothing stopping us putting a brief summary at the front of the review.

Video reviews would always have to be done in addition to a written review, because not everyone can watch/listen at work for example :)

I was thinking cases myself.

Yeah, clearly some products are better left to the good ol' text reviews, with video cards and things like that it's better to have pages where you just show the benchmarks.

Video tours of cases... that would be cool too! :thumbs-up:

Motherboard/processors/video cards/hdd's/coolers/ram/psu/ect; Text is best in my opinion

Cases/keyboards/mice - I like watching video reviews for stuff like this.

Thing is it makes the list of video reviews a very short one