Overclocking E6600

Zazabar

K, I'd like to overclock my E6600 to about maybe.... 3.0. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6. I had the computer do all the voltages and stuff manually but my comp still hit a bsod. what the heck? I have the proper cooling ( some zalman fan) so I believe it was some voltage thingie. Anyone have any settings that have previously worked with the mobo and chip?

K, I'd like to overclock my E6600 to about maybe.... 3.0. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6. I had the computer do all the voltages and stuff manually but my comp still hit a bsod. what the heck? I have the proper cooling ( some zalman fan) so I believe it was some voltage thingie. Anyone have any settings that have previously worked with the mobo and chip?

You should be able to hit 3ghz easily with stock voltage, just set FSB to 334. What RAM, PSU and exact cooling do you have?

Hell You should be able to hit 3 ghz even with the crummy Intel stock HSF. These cpus hit a voltage wall around 3.3 or so meaning you will have to creep up towards 1.5v to get them stable and even then it's such a beast 1.5v isnt that much of an issue with proper cooling.

You also can try lowering the muliplier to 8 and run 400+ fsb as well.

Edited by Kingfisher

I'd have to reccomend reading and learning more about overclocking until you're familar enough to not call it a "voltage thingie" LOL

QFT

Its a process that can take hours and days, so be patient, do your homework, and dont ask others to do your clocking for you :D

Edited by ebarone