Amd Phenom Ii

So is 3rd with a Q6600 which is cheaper than the AMD.

This is true also..

cant wait to get tax return.. gona build my first intel rig..(want to find out for myself what all the hype is about) the Q6600 is first thing in the cart.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true also..

cant wait to get tax return.. gona build my first intel rig..(want to find out for myself what all the hype is about) the Q6600 is first thing in the cart.

Yup. The only way I would consider this AMD viable is if you currently have an AM2 motherboard and want to upgrade to a quad. If you're building from scratch then go Intel atm.

Yup. The only way I would consider this AMD viable is if you currently have an AM2 motherboard and want to upgrade to a quad. If you're building from scratch then go Intel atm.

The Phenom 2 is quite a bit faster than a Q6600...

well yes and no, depends what your doing and what game etc, I noticed the AMD II are just as fast as a Q9400 in Farcry2 but at the bottem in games like crysis. its also faster than the E8600.... but thats a DUO core and not really fair to compare. Not usre on pricing in the UK atm the Q6600 is about

On Newegg the price difference is $85. In games you're gonna be better off putting that extra money towards the video card. imo for a person on a budget that wants a quad then I'd chose Intel over AMD.

The Phenom II is vastly superior to the Q6600 and only a tiny bit (Less than 5%) under the Q9650 in performance. It's a good chip, and what AMD needed to release. To try and jump and compete with the i7 would have been as massive of a failure as the first Phenom. I ordered mine and should have it Monday, can't wait!

I have to agree with the skeptics on this one. I am just tired of AMD, they really are just tagalongs trying to be cool. Raiderfan has a good point, and not only that, I have AMD rigs, and I am tired of getting pathetic 500-600MHz overclocks while people who have the Q6600 push it all the way up to 4.0GHz. In the Futuremark rankings my Quad core Phenom is matched under a E2140.

And yes, back to Raiderfans point, that extra $85 in a video card can really make a difference, especially at higher res when the Q6600 shows it strength.

AMD did a great job with phenom II... performance per clock is much better, and performance per buck is much better than intel... of course Intel is faster, has more cash, fancy processor. I would bought if I had a 700$, just for basic i7 CPU, MB and ram, or I could go with AMD for 400$, and get 20-30% slower system + nice 24' monitor... think about it...

Have you guys read the reviews? I mean seriously ( http://www.techspot.com/review/137-amd-phe...920/page12.html ) The Phemom's kicked butt in gaming benchmarks considering their low starting price point

Also, make sure the benchmarks you're comparing with you actually use. I'm sure most of you game at 1280 X 800, right?

I honestly believe this Phenom would be neck and neck with the current i7 if the i7 hadnt incorporated the tri-channel memory controller...thats the biggest advantage over the cpu...

if AMD had done the same or even 1up'd and went 4-way they'd be on top with this chip...the performance is there but the bandwidth isnt...yet

:withstupid: Personally I cant wait until an AM3/DDR3 ready based system is put side by side against a Core I7.

Not only that, but Hyper-Treading is a great advantage that AMD does not have...

Seriously me too I'm very impressed, and I will get one. :)