Amd Phenom Ii

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe this Phenom would be neck and neck with the current i7 if the i7 hadnt incorporated the tri-channel memory controller...thats the biggest advantage over the cpu...

if AMD had done the same or even 1up'd and went 4-way they'd be on top with this chip...the performance is there but the bandwidth isnt...yet

I honestly believe this Phenom would be neck and neck with the current i7 if the i7 hadnt incorporated the tri-channel memory controller...thats the biggest advantage over the cpu...

if AMD had done the same or even 1up'd and went 4-way they'd be on top with this chip...the performance is there but the bandwidth isnt...yet

:withstupid: Personally I cant wait until an AM3/DDR3 ready based system is put side by side against a Core I7.

What in gods name are you talking about? AMD did get this right and did a darn good job.

I was thinking the same thing after looking at the reviews. The new phenom did very well in most applications and beat the i7 in games about half the time. The processor is only $250 and the motherboards are really cheap. Even the overclocking doesn't seem that bad on them.

If you call finishing second in a 2 man race "doing it right" remind me to ignore your reviews.

When you cost half as much and perform 90% as well...yes, that's for damn sure doing it right.