Newegg Has Spoken

IVIYTH0S

Dear valued customer,

We have recently received the RMA you have sent back to us for replacement. This email is to inform you that your item is currently out of stock or has since been discontinued. Because we cannot guarantee when this item will be available, and you are within our 30-day refund time period, a full refund will be credited to your account.

This credit will be applied back to the card used to originally place the order. If this account is no longer active, a check can be requested. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to give us a call. It was truly a pleasure serving you and we hope for the opportunity to do business with you again in the near future.

If you have any questions or concerns, please direct your inquiries to [email protected] or call 1-800-390-1119 during regular business hours for immediate assistance.

Anyone following my previous thread related to my newegg RMA experience will now know that I FINALLY got closure. I had figured it would come to this from the lack of replacement over such a long period of time but I have accepted it.

Since I will be receiving a refund I will be wasting no time in ordering a new videocard, the question is which one

What I have in my bin of joy to choose is either the

Powercolor PCS+ 4870 1GB 800mhz/900mhz $240 ($220 after Rebate)

(ZipZoomfly)XFX 260 Black Edition for $280 ($250 after Rebate)

(Newegg)

The craziest I'd go is the Sapphire 4850x2 2GB 650mhz (instead of 625mhz) $330 ($300 after rebate)

Help me guys which do you think would best compliment my current setup? (resolution is 1920x1200)

Current Votes (edited as I go)

4870 1GB -0 votes-

Black Edition -12 votes-

4850X2 2GB -1 vote-

so far the 260 has 4 votes, that might be the victor. I don't know. I want to order the card by tomorrow so it gets shipped out ASAP.

and 3 of those votes were from fellow red supporters (hence I trust you guys aren't just supporting 260 outta duty but rather knowledge)

the first vote came from my friend (an nvidia worshipper), he recommended I wait 2 and half weeks until the 285 came out since it will be cheaper than a 280 and slightly better. I'm gonna have a hard time waiting that long

Anyone else want to cast their vote?

New guy votes for the XFX as well...Nvidia needs the money.

My only RMA experience with Newegg was a Logitech G5 that died about fifteen minutes after plugging it in. They took pretty good care of me, shipping the replacement the day they received the defective. They even credited me with the return shipping.

The very best RMA experience I've had was with Amazon of all places. I received a Dremel moto-tool from them that was mis-assembled. The casing was separated, and wouldn't go back together short of tearing it down. A couple of minutes filling out a form on the site and Amazon cross shipped a replacement (without billing or even authorizing my card temporarily) and provided a .pdf postage paid mailing label to return the defective unit with. I had the replacement in my hands the very next day with my only expense being a bit of black ink to print the mailing label.

Well, I'm an ATI guy. I have 2 4870 512 in Crossfire and 2 4870 1 GB in Crossfire. I'd say get the 260 if you want a card now. However, if you can wait, get one of the new cards in a few weeks.