The Country Of Texas

road-runner

The second I read that Texas has more land mass than California, let alone California combined with a bunch of other states, I knew this was a bogus list. It's also wrong about the space center (Florida anyone?) and it's also wrong about the oil refinery (California and NJ both refine a good portion of this country's oil). If such basics are so blatantly wrong, the rest of the figures are suspect as well.

It was funny for a couple of them, but overall it's pretty stupid. Also, Mississippi tries to secede every year, but the referendum is shot down every time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second I read that Texas has more land mass than California, let alone California combined with a bunch of other states, I knew this was a bogus list. It's also wrong about the space center (Florida anyone?) and it's also wrong about the oil refinery (California and NJ both refine a good portion of this country's oil). If such basics are so blatantly wrong, the rest of the figures are suspect as well.

It was funny for a couple of them, but overall it's pretty stupid. Also, Mississippi tries to secede every year, but the referendum is shot down every time.

Yea, I agree that the NASA space center being in Texas wouldn't make any difference. We wouldn't control space, we'd still just be in charge of the first 8 seconds of the launch. They could build the Houston NASA station anywhere else and it wouldn't make a difference.

Edited by malmsteenisgod

Yay... my first sigged post in at least 2 years! :D

Where is Lo? He can cause any politically oriented thread to span 20 pages.

Fear not! :P

I have no qualms with the greatness that is my home state. I don't think the country would fall apart without Texas, but I do believe Texas could run itself just fine. With a balanced budget (no doubt brought about by fiscally disciplined, conservative leadership), abundant natural resources, limited government, and the 15th largest economy on the planet... if Texas seceded, I wouldn't hesitate to move back home... especially if it gets me out of this hell hole of a state (North Carolina aka New Jersey South - same taxes, same corrupt/marxist politicians, same indebted state government, same trashy people... just a different accent).

You're all welcome to move to Texas with me - just leave your damn politics in your home state and realize that the way you vote DOES influence the way the state is run. There's nothing magical about it; if you are leaving a place because of a high cost of living and high taxes, do not vote for those same politicians when you move to Texas. If you just can't help but press the button for the leftist (D) candidate... stay your . in California or Michigan and continue reaping the fruits of your vote.

There. That should be enough to start 18 pages of flames. Truth hurts. :P

haha thats awesome. If it were to happen though GREAT! we would finally get rid of George W and the title "fattest country".

No, you still have RI, and Southern Mass.

Yes, but if Rhode Island were to leave, we'd be screwed! :lol:

Yea without us what ever would you do. You wouldn't be able to have Coffee Milk, or Del's lemonade.

oh...and d3 I added you to my sig...you got 2 out of this one thread...not bad

If you just can't help but press the button for the leftist (D) candidate... stay your . in California or Michigan and continue reaping the fruits of your vote.

Gee, I wonder who this is aimed at? :P

I think your major roadblock here is that you assume people would want to come to the new Texas. Sure, the implied low taxes and "small government" sound nice, but at the cost of living in a "god and guns" police-state? No thanks. I'll keep what's left of my privacy rights, thanks.

I'm a big fan of a lot of conservative ideas, but left unchecked conservatives can and would be just as ugly as liberals in the same situation.