The Country Of Texas

road-runner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you do not give up your core values to be elected, that is the Liberal way of doing things. Stay true to your beliefs, sooner or later, even the most dense will see the truth.

John Stuart Mill in a nutshell: "People come to believe their own opinions are fact, and above logic." He also addresses the first part of that sentence. "Facts" about things that are so opinionated are usually nothing more than sugar coated opinions. Especially politics. And some of the "core values" that we're talking about are things that go against proper Conservative values: Gay marriage, abortion, et cetera. Both sides have their faults in the core values area. Honestly I doubt I'll ever see a politician who views things the same way I do. Our two party system is a joke, and a multi-party system a-la European countries is something that we'd never be able to handle. I always get discouraged when I see the "straight ticket" option on a ballot.

This last election cycle had the "Press" decide to bias the election, and just blame Bush for everything that went wrong in the last 8 years, ignoring everything that happened before Bush took office. The one thing I can say is that I am happy that this was probably the last election the "Media" will have had the influence to really swing things, because by 2012, I doubt many newspapers will have any but a small internet circulation.

If you're going to take a swing at the radio talk show bill thing, at least get your info straight: Only liberal newspapers will have more than a small internet circulation.

I personally believe our politicians should be taken out back to be tarred and feathered publicly, and stripped of their titles. On both sides we have absolute jokes elected. Americans need to get off their lazy asses and start doing something.

I personally believe our politicians should be taken out back to be tarred and feathered publicly, and stripped of their titles. On both sides we have absolute jokes elected. Americans need to get off their lazy asses and start doing something.

What I find most amusing about this sentiment is that people somehow think that those who replace them are going to be any better. If people are zealous enough to tar and feather other people, chances are that they're more messed up than the people they're tarring and feathering, and are going to be the ones taking their place. So we go from crappy politicians to ones who are downright nutjobs.

Honestly I doubt I'll ever see a politician who views things the same way I do. Our two party system is a joke, and a multi-party system a-la European countries is something that we'd never be able to handle. I always get discouraged when I see the "straight ticket" option on a ballot.

America needs to wake up, we need radical change, we need someone in office who is going "F" us over and treat us like animals (even more than politicians already do).

We need something to happen that causes the majority of Americans to say "Holy ., America is getting pretty bad I wish there was something I could do"

We need people to die from government mistakes (well, more than usual), we need a depression, we need some . to go down.

We need to purge the corruption from our political system.

We need people to start having their own opinions, we need to get away from "Right and Wrong" because big bother say so.

America needs a reset, we need to start over.

In fact after such things America as we know it probably wouldn't even exist, I would almost guarantee that we split up into different regions.

North & South, East & West, I don't rightly know it might not be as defined as that.

It may even be that the region is still called USA and that "most" things are agreed upon by the different regions, they would however have free control over their own lands and agree to not force anything upon the other...

Europe works fine with radically different laws and views between borders.

This may not even happen in our lifetime, but if the USA continues on its current path it wont stay together for very long...

Edited by Andrewr05

meet-john-mccain.jpg

Curious, who controlled the congresses of those administrations? Ya know, that group of people who "controls the purse." :thumbs-up: Also, Clinton's budget surplus was brought about by stripping the Dept. of Defense down and capital gains on investments from the technology bubble.

I hate it when people try to place surpluses and deficits into the laps of ONE man. To me it shows that people want to make a point without knowing the facts surrounding it, and spitting out the name or picture of a single figurehead somehow makes it valid... but I dunno.

While funny, those "fiscal conservatives" were anything but.

Yeah... funny. The fact that there were $200 Billion deficits lets us know they weren't fiscal conservatives. :lol: