Occ Christmas Contest

Bosco

I don't really care if anyone thinks I'm an arse, but in all honesty I'd rather never have another competition than have the forums flooded with people talking crap, especially as some new people actually come here for help, and then when they're told a load of complete rubbish, or get stupid, uninformed replies, they leave with the wrong impression of OCC. If you don't know what you're talking about it's better not to reply than say "U shoud get brand X coz thts wat I hav and its badasss"

Grrr....

Yes, competitions do bring in people that you probably don't want on your forums but they also bring in new people that will be valuable members of the community. The people who don't fit in with the OCC community will probably not stay. Those that do may very well make the OCC forums even better than they were.

Edited by tonpal

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes competitions do bring in people that you probably don't want on your forums but they also bring in new people that will be valuable members of the community. The people who don't fit in with the OCC community will probably not stay. Those that do may very well make the OCC forums even better than they were.

hopeffully that's me! :P I just joined, although i have been lurking in the shadows for a while. :ph34r: But i plan on staying even after the contest. :blink:

We have a late entry guys.

MSI is supplying two X58 boards one being the Platinum and the other being the Eclipse. So that is now a total of 57 Prizes.

I guess it's appropriate to say, "The more, the merrier!" :rolleyes:

Also, the newsletter is a good idea, as sometimes I only have time to look at my e-mail. I subscribed.

Woooya, some manufacturers were feeling generous, and glad to see OCC was as well :) I always browsed the forums but never posted, now I have a dam good reason to ^_^. I suppose I've met a few new people on here as well which means it was worth my time coming on here. Great contest guys!

I have to say I'm impressed with the generosity of the manufacturers providing the prizes as well.

I think it also stands as a testament to the kind of relationships OCC has managed to forge, so I'd like to say good job to all of the staff that have been involved in discussion with the companies in question. :thumbs-up:

is there a limit of entries? like "one entry per customer" or can i just send a mass spam of emails to the entry address in hopes that it's automated and give my self like a million chances of winning? cause i'll start now if that's the case i swear.....