Usps Fail!

ocmooz

Yeah I went to check the tracking on a package I was expecting and um...

post-63946-1228378855_thumb.jpg

FAIL! It went from California to Ohio and I live in California. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot USPS!!?

Anyway thought I'd share my frustration and see if anyone else has had a similar problem before.

Edited by ocmooz

haha

I've seen this b4. Once I bought something from coolerguys.com. The company is based (Warehouses, everything) in Woodenville, WA. I like in Belleve. UPS did the same thing, the package was routed through Ohio or someplace in the Midwest. I think it has to do with the locations of UPs's central hubs. I felt the same way. I could have picked up the in an hour flat. Its like gee lets waste time and fuel sending something down the street via Greenland. Epic stupid.

This is because of the type of shiping you paid for.

If you do not pay for 1 day shipping and instead do the free week they will make it last a week.

Here i will sometimes recieve a package in 3 days and they will hold it for the extra 2.

This is typical of every USPS package I've EVER received.

Had a buddy buy some RAM off newegg. It went DHL from NJ to Alabama, then switched over to USPS in Alabama, and got back where it was supposed to be in NORTH CAROLINA almost a week later. what the heck?

I don't do USPS anymore. If it's "free" shipping through USPS or $6.99 to ship it three-day thru UPS or Fedex, I'll pay more for UPS or Fedex. I despise the postal service.

Reminds me of Fedex's smartpost :( They ship it off to one central processing center and then it goes from there. If I were to ship something to my neighbor with smartpost it would go half way across the country before coming back. So much for being smart.

Won some Cooler Master gear last year, and the package went from Taiwan to Alaska, down to Indiana, Ohio, New York, and finally here Montreal. Why ship it all over the US when it's destined for Canada?

I ordered some stuff via UPS one time it went from City of Industry California to Vegas, then it went to Gillette, Wyoming, then to Denver, Colorado, then back to Gillette before ending up in Rapid City, South Dakota. I was like what the heck why go 6 hours in the wrong direction on a truck, no wonder they charge so much to ship things anymore. And don't even get me started on the USPS I can't even count the number of times I had to go to the post office and tell them that a package I ordered won't come out the mail box because its to big, as long as it fits in the back side when they are dropping it off they don't care.

This is the type of mail box I am talking about you have your little 6"x 6"x 12" box that you use a key to open, the mail gets loaded from the back side, the opening on the front of the box is about 1/2" shorter than the opening on the back.

Edited by slick2500

Won some Cooler Master gear last year, and the package went from Taiwan to Alaska, down to Indiana, Ohio, New York, and finally here Montreal. Why ship it all over the US when it's destined for Canada?

Isn't Alaska part of the US? Probably that the mail crosses the Pacific ocean to Alaska, then goes to the States where it's finally directed towards the final destination.

Yup, the USPS is stupid with their shipping routes. Things seem to get shipped through central hubs. They don't do the shortest, quickest route. I've had many items go around the US on their way to me through USPS. My favorite site is ActionVillage for paintball gear. If I order before 1PM (latest time they ship same-day ground orders) on a weekday, I get it the next day on STANDARD SHIPPING!!! They are based in Chicago and I'm in Detroit. All of ActionVillage's shipping orders for the day are picked up at 6PM by UPS. Then either they're driven on an over-night truck route or flown into Detroit. But they always make it out on the trucks that morning and arrive the day after I bought them. It's amazing service, by far the best shipping I've run across.