The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

I need help, I decided to give myself a bit of an upgrade in the audio department.

I bought an 'el cheapo' headphone amp and a pair of Sony MDR-ZX700 headphones.

Hopefully I get a decent quality amp as it seems like occasionally they're pretty crappy, especially with lacklustre QA from china. :ph34r:

I threw my old Grados up on ebay as well (LINK), if you feel like soldering on a new cable you can pretty much get a $65 pair of headphones for REALLY cheap.

:P

I need help, I decided to give myself a bit of an upgrade in the audio department.

I bought an 'el cheapo' headphone amp and a pair of Sony MDR-ZX700 headphones.

Hopefully I get a decent quality amp as it seems like occasionally they're pretty crappy, especially with lacklustre QA from china. :ph34r:

I threw my old Grados up on ebay as well (LINK), if you feel like soldering on a new cable you can pretty much get a $65 pair of headphones for REALLY cheap.

:P

You'd have a lot more luck fixing them yourself and then selling them. Hardly anyone will be interested in them in this condition.

You'd have a lot more luck fixing them yourself and then selling them. Hardly anyone will be interested in them in this condition.

Yeah, I wanted an upgrade anyways.

I could get a new cable and connector and solder them in for about $10, not really worried about it though.

I've got my moneys worth out of them, I use them ALL the time (and have been for ~6 years now) so my initial $70+ investment has been quite worth it.

Yeah, I wanted an upgrade anyways.

I could get a new cable and connector and solder them in for about $10, not really worried about it though.

I've got my moneys worth out of them, I use them ALL the time (and have been for ~6 years now) so my initial $70+ investment has been quite worth it.

I wish my family was more like you. All of them except for my dad keep buying these crappy earbuds on sale, like the low end Sony things, or Skullcandies. Then they complain when they break, and keep buying new ones saying that this time around, they'll last forever. On the other hand, I've had my Brainwavz M1s for at least a year, paid $45 for them, and they're still like new. Not to mention the superior sound quality compared to their trash.

I wish my family was more like you. All of them except for my dad keep buying these crappy earbuds on sale, like the low end Sony things, or Skullcandies. Then they complain when they break, and keep buying new ones saying that this time around, they'll last forever. On the other hand, I've had my Brainwavz M1s for at least a year, paid $45 for them, and they're still like new. Not to mention the superior sound quality compared to their trash.

Sennheiser IMHO makes the best ear buds you can buy, my Apple ones failed in about a year, but mine have been going now for 3 years and I paid only $20 for one pair and $50 for a another pair for at work.

Sennheiser IMHO makes the best ear buds you can buy, my Apple ones failed in about a year, but mine have been going now for 3 years and I paid only $20 for one pair and $50 for a another pair for at work.

What Sennheisers do you have? I had two sets of CX300-Bs, but they both failed in about a year, and I thought they were a bit bass heavy. On the other hand, the Brainwavz M1s sound amazing. The highs are so crisp, soundstage is great, no microphonics, the cable is tangle-free, and the double flange tips are great at blocking off excess sound. I bought a pair of Astrotec AM-90s since I had lost my Brainwavz at my girlfriend's house and she's out of state.

What Sennheisers do you have? I had two sets of CX300-Bs, but they both failed in about a year, and I thought they were a bit bass heavy. On the other hand, the Brainwavz M1s sound amazing. The highs are so crisp, soundstage is great, no microphonics, the cable is tangle-free, and the double flange tips are great at blocking off excess sound. I bought a pair of Astrotec AM-90s since I had lost my Brainwavz at my girlfriend's house and she's out of state.

I've had my CX-300s for nearly five years now with no issues. I have them in a small case when I don't use them, which pretty much means any time except trips. :lol:

Yeah, mine are pretty much just a portable set for me. I have three circumaural headphones for use at home, so don't need to have something stuck inside my ears for hours on end. :lol: