The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Yeah, mine are pretty much just a portable set for me. I have three circumaural headphones for use at home, so don't need to have something stuck inside my ears for hours on end. :lol:

I use my G35s at home and sometimes my X-540 surround system. The 4-8 hours of IEM use are outside of the house, and not in the car since I've already got a nice Kenwood head with the Mach 460.

What Sennheisers do you have? I had two sets of CX300-Bs, but they both failed in about a year, and I thought they were a bit bass heavy. On the other hand, the Brainwavz M1s sound amazing. The highs are so crisp, soundstage is great, no microphonics, the cable is tangle-free, and the double flange tips are great at blocking off excess sound. I bought a pair of Astrotec AM-90s since I had lost my Brainwavz at my girlfriend's house and she's out of state.

CX-300 for work

MX-500 for home

CX-300 for work

MX-500 for home

CX-300s were nice while they lasted, but they're too bass heavy for me. I just got my Astrotec AM-90s today, they're superb, and that's about as much bass as I can handle.

MX-500, never tried them, I can't stand earbuds, they all hurt my ears. I can only do over the ear, or IEM.