United States Presidential Election 2008

Great_Gig

US Election  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

Well, we agree on that Kash, I have missed your point. Because as far as I can tell, your only point is that the Republicans were on a witch hunt, and therefore, Clinton's actions didin't matter. I'm sorry, but there's no logic in that. If an innocent man is on trial for murder, the fact that he is innocent of murder does not allow him to lie about his whereabouts the night of said murder. That's all I'm getting at...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, we agree on that Kash, I have missed your point. Because as far as I can tell, your only point is that the Republicans were on a witch hunt, and therefore, Clinton's actions didin't matter. I'm sorry, but there's no logic in that. If an innocent man is on trial for murder, the fact that he is innocent of murder does not allow him to lie about his whereabouts the night of said murder. That's all I'm getting at...

You almost have it :P

You got the first part right, the Republicans were on a witch hunt. However, I never claimed that Clinton's actions didn't matter. What I'm trying to get at is that he should have never been put in that position in the first place, especially not by the type of people who were pursuing the impeachment. It's simply an example of hypocrisy. You guys keep thinking that I'm somehow excusing the perjury when that is clearly not the case. It's the circumstances that resulted in the perjury that I find most questionable.

Ok I'll play along. Clinton denies getting a blowjob. Republicans go on witch hunt. Clinton lies under oath, etc, etc. That's the basic course of events right?

If only Clinton had owned up at the start, the Republicans wouldn't have been able to go on a witch hunt and "throw stuff until something sticks." Then, he wouldn't have been in a position to commit perjury. Therefore, the whole thing is his own fault. :lol::P

But why did the Republicans place so much interest on his sexual behavior? It was their heightened interest that resulted in the whole situation snowballing. So while it is certainly true that Clinton's act started the investigation, there seems to be no justification in their inquisition, at least no legitimate justification. So no, it's really not Clinton's fault but rather those who took an unhealthy interest in the private life of a man they abhorred.

Can't wait for this whole thing to be over. I've stayed away from watching cable news coverage for the past couple of months and yet I'm still worn out by the election.

Can't wait for this whole thing to be over. I've stayed away from watching cable news coverage for the past couple of months and yet I'm still worn out by the election.

OMG major +1

Are you sure this thread does not have something to do with that feeling?

Whats the betting that we have a thread about the next election in 2.5 years? Seriously, I remember seeing a time magazine on which the cover art said something like ~650 days until the election, what to do?

edit: found it

well, placed my vote this morning....and I voted for neither of the pathetic candidates. Go ahead and say I threw my vote away, I have a clear conscious with it. :)

Funny enough, I only had to wait an hour this morning to vote. All the people that voted early were waiting like 3 hours haha

But why did the Republicans place so much interest on his sexual behavior? It was their heightened interest that resulted in the whole situation snowballing. So while it is certainly true that Clinton's act started the investigation, there seems to be no justification in their inquisition, at least no legitimate justification. So no, it's really not Clinton's fault but rather those who took an unhealthy interest in the private life of a man they abhorred.

The justification was that it was inappropriate conduct for the workplace. Like Roadie said, the same act in the business world would have had the same result. Did it get way out of hand? Sure it did. That's what happens anytime politics and the media are involved.