How Computer Technology Is Portrayed In Films

r3d c0m3t

I hate how they will take a photo, like from a traffic cam, or a satellite surveillance picture, and "enhance" like 20 times, and instead of the pixels being larger than the screen, the resolution magically gets better.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate how they will take a photo, like from a traffic cam, or a satellite surveillance picture, and "enhance" like 20 times, and instead of the pixels being larger than the screen, the resolution magically gets better.

Like in the 2nd National Treasure movie where Cage holds up that wooden thing in the car so the traffic cam can get a pic of it before he turns it over to the bad guys... And THEN hacks the traffic Cams central office, knows the exact number of that specific camera and can make out the pic perfectly on the screen... :rolleyes:

I despise when they do that in movies!

I always go on a rant when I'm watching a movie that does something like that (which is quite a lot), people often say to me... "How do you know they can't do it?"... or "They're the government, how do you know they don't have some advanced technology?"...

*sigh*

I despise when they do that in movies!

I always go on a rant when I'm watching a movie that does something like that (which is quite a lot), people often say to me... "How do you know they can't do it?"... or "They're the government, how do you know they don't have some advanced technology?"...

*sigh*

Priceless.

I also enjoy the overexaggeration and overuse of the word "mainframe."

I'm always in awe of how easy it is to hack into the Pentagon's lan.

Action star to geek: "I need you to hack into the Pentagon's computer right away!"

Geek: "Righty-o, but that's going to take a while"

Action star: "We don't have time, we need to get in right now"

Geek: "I'll do what I can, but I can't promi... I'm in!"

Apparently the security for one of the most sensitive systems in the world was designed by a high school kid on his summer vacation. And of course he left a "back door" so he could get back in.