How Computer Technology Is Portrayed In Films

r3d c0m3t

I was watching Road Trip (fantastic movie) yesterday and when the laptop was closed, it made a noise as if were focusing on something...

I wasn't aware laptops and cameras mated with one another. :P

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon, no one's see Hackers? That movie was AMAZING. And also amazingly wrong. A bunch of teenagers run around "million dollar" equipment and float through *nix file systems. Literally. It's pretty trippy.

An almost real movie is "War Games", the closest I've ever seen to a "real" hacker scenario. If you have not seen it, GO FIND IT NOW.

I never caught the name of the movie, but it was some terrible 80's tech film where the "bad guy" always road in on a skateboard.

It was hilarious.

Edit: Might have been hackers... Lulz..

But other than that, it doesn't rly annoy me because I understand they need to keep the audience interested...

Edited by Ste

I am kind of surprised that with the Die Hard movies being discussed no one mentioned how little they change their ammo clips, especially with semi-automatics and automatics. I haven't seen the last incarnation, actually have it on DVD, just haven't watched it yet so I don't know how well it does with this. But wutevah, that is usually the first thing I think of when I think of the Die Hard ...well after, awesomeness. :)

I remember when Independance Day came out I was going through a phase of, 'stuff' better make sense! So the first time I saw that movie I hated it. It was so pathetic on the realism scale the twig in muh uptight butt broke off! I hated how they blew up the Mother Ship with a single nuke ...never mind the fact that it was so huge it carried around a bunch of those 15-mile space ships like they were escape pods. Even if you factor certain gases, something that big wouldn't blow up like the Death Star (like i how nailed two with one stone? ;)) - it would be a chain of explosions. Then let's not touch the whole Mac can interface with an Alien Computer before it can with a PC. <_< So many more but i'll leave it there.

Then I thought about it... You know, movies are just meant to go take your mind off reality for a couple of hours and have fun. Why does it need reality? Get enough of that already. So the second time I saw it, I enjoyed Independance Day. ^_^ I no longer need movies to be realistic. At least video games in movies have finally been upgraded past the old 8-bit game sounds you used to hear.

A fine point indeed, and as I pointed out in the opening post, this isn't intended to flame movies but to poke fun at what we know is comedic and wrong.

I loved Live Free or Die Hard (I even went to see it twice when it was at the theater), and I'll watch it anytime it's on (haven't picked up the DVD yet). Other than Die Hard with a Vengeance, I think it's the best one.

I very rarely pick at a movie the first time I'm seeing it, unless it's boring. :lol:

Edited by r3d c0m3t