Tweaktown Adblock Message

jammin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you blocking that gave you that message? when I go there I don't get directed to that page. I'm using adblock and "no script" if that matters.

Adblock Plus with the 'Easylist (USA)' set of filters. Haven't added anything custom of my own.

If you have noscript blocking javascript, then that is why it won't show up for you.

I have tried using noscript before, but found it interferes a bit too much with functionality for me to spend the time fiddling around with it.

Edited by jammin

If they are doing it to be greedy, shame on them. If the website is really hitting the wallet, then you've gotta stay afloat somehow. I would rather have to disable adblock than have whatever content they have disappear. IMO if possible, they should develop a system where if you click on one ad the rest disappear.

this is messed up we have a right to choose if we want to see ads are not. I really hope this doesn't catch on with other sites. ex here lol

Wanna point out that right to me? It's their website, they can do with it as they wish.

Disable adblock for the website. Unless they're flooding you with pop ups and pop unders, I don't see the issue with it. A banner ad or two? Deal with it, imo.

It is their right to do this. I wish they wouldn't though. Personally, I think they would have been better off eliminating ads for donating members and putting up a plea for pay-pal donations. It would'nt anger the masses quite so much.

Yes, as I mentioned in my original post I don't really have a problem with them doing it, simply the fact they chose a persistent scripted message to get their point across.

If they are doing it to be greedy, shame on them. If the website is really hitting the wallet, then you've gotta stay afloat somehow. I would rather have to disable adblock than have whatever content they have disappear. IMO if possible, they should develop a system where if you click on one ad the rest disappear.

I am sure they are making enough to pay for the website and also a nice yearly salary for the owner just like most all websites not to mention all the free hardware and pay offs to give good reviews...