Tweaktown Adblock Message

jammin

The biggest problem I had was my DEFAULT install of Fx V3 was getting redirected on one of my laptops. The worst thing is I would load the page, then just as the all the adds were finished loading, BAM! redirect. Seriously, that just pisses me off.

EDIT: See ads...(from the laptop)

post-10771-1216180279_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough one for me.

I use AdBlock and I like it. I don't really mind ads but given the choice I think it's a no-brainer... I prefer to turn them off. But honestly this sort of thing doesn't surprise me at all. Can you blame them? They need to pay hosting fees, that's why they have ads. If you like the content (that's why you go to the site, right?) then you want them to be able to pay their server fees, right? So if they can't do it with ads, how will they do it?

Guys, I don't care about Tweak Town one iota. I am much more concerned about the ramifications of this and it spreading to OTHER sites and becoming commonplace ...

Sounds like the "Acceptance of homosexuals will result in the acceptance of pedophilia and beastiality!" argument, just a bit different. Personally I think you're getting too excited over it. I'd be surprised if they kept that running for the next month, I doubt it'll work.*

*This is the internet, everyone's an economic analyst, including me.

Sounds like the "Acceptance of homosexuals will result in the acceptance of pedophilia and beastiality! argument"

Wow and you slammed me for my Obama comment. Sounds like one man's Democrat is another man's beastiality. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the "Acceptance of homosexuals will result in the acceptance of pedophilia and beastiality!" argument, just a bit different. Personally I think you're getting too excited over it. I'd be surprised if they kept that running for the next month, I doubt it'll work.*

*This is the internet, everyone's an economic analyst, including me.

Oh dear. Got a bee in your bonnet, have you?

Your analogies are really crap.

Your analogies are really crap.

:withstupid: x10

What the heck does that analogy have to do with anything? I swear KB can turn any thread into a discussion of his gayness.

:withstupid: x10

What the heck does that analogy have to do with anything? I swear KB can turn any thread into a discussion of his gayness.

Maybe his over-assertions about being gay are because ... he's NOT gay and just wants to seek attention? Who knows. It's been done before though ... !

It won't be long before a new verb is formed to describe such obscurity at this ... "man, that's a bit kaybee".

No, that argument is about as logical as the arguments you're making. I just hear it all the time. Because of one thing, people are afraid that radical things will occur. Just like my analogy, you're afraid of this spreading all over the internet, effectively forcing you to stop using adblock to go to the websites you want to see.

Silverfox, I can get videos to prove things :P.