I Don't Understand It

bigred

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes mist, and they dont continue to use the well fare do they? people that abuse the system are what we are talking about...if u just lost a job and are SERIOUSLY ACTIVLY LOOKING welfare..meh its ok for maybe 2 months after that i think ur just leeching

wow... if she lived up here in canada... social services ( welfare ) would tell her to stick the kids in public schooling and sell her truck, if your on social assistance up here in canada, you are only aloud to own 1 vehicle and there is a value limit on the type of vehicle that you own, basically.. you are only aloud to have the esentials to live, anything more and you have to sell/cutoff all other non ccritical expenses

like i said, the govt doesn't have the resources to go after everybody...to do so would cost even MORE money. But they do prosecute those they happen to catch, you can count on that. If you know for sure someone who's taking advantage of the system, you can always turn them in....but i would be crap sure before you go accusing someone...not just a hunch, like she has an expensive car. She could be leasing it, which is a lot cheaper if it's just in the short run...she may be doin it for the status. Some people spend all their money unnecessarily and others save. Unfortunately the govt cannot force anyone to save or invest their money

leasing it would be cheaper?

you're kidding right?

Like I said my wife has a similar truck. Payment to buy: $350 a month for 36 months with $10k down. Payment on lease: $650 a month for 36 months.

leasing it would be cheaper?

you're kidding right?

Like I said my wife has a similar truck. Payment to buy: $350 a month for 36 months with $10k down. Payment on lease: $650 a month for 36 months.

i was saying in the shortrun it is cheaper for some people, because they may not have the money to put down on a car. Like you said, your wife put down 10k. If this lady is as poor as you say she claims, then it's very likely she doesn't have 10k lying around to put down on a car, so to HER, leasing is a better option. This is assuming she's one of those people that see their car as a status symbol, and thus, she'd rather use up all her money to drive an expensive car than to drive around in a rusted 15 yr old car.

I know perfectly well that leasing is stupid, but not everyone has the money for the car they desire. They shouldn't technically be going after a car they cannot afford, but common sense escapes some people unfortunately.

we didn't actually put down any $$$ on the vehicles. both the expidtion and navigator are "demo" vehicles from ford, and ended up costing me less than $15k for both of them (it's good to have friends on the inside).

BUT if you walk into a ford dealership you MUST put down $10k at time of delivery on a navigator or expidition. that's standard practice around here due to the # of repo's they have on them every month.

wow... if she lived up here in canada... social services ( welfare ) would tell her to stick the kids in public schooling and sell her truck, if your on social assistance up here in canada, you are only aloud to own 1 vehicle and there is a value limit on the type of vehicle that you own, basically.. you are only aloud to have the esentials to live, anything more and you have to sell/cutoff all other non ccritical expenses

thats a good idea....exept you should be able to keep those things for maybe 3 months then you have to sell them.

I don't think the Irish republican army would care too much about what she drives. I do think the internal revenue service would though.

The "RA" as there known here in Northern Ireland, would be quicker to steal it and sell it on :P

There is a similar problem in the U.K called "The Dole" which is like the welfare in America and also D.L.A which is MEANT to be for people with disabilating illnesses or conditions, but this is used more because its gets You a lot more money or a tax free, MOT free, claims free Brand new car.

I have actually heard all to commonly of people setting up stunts to get DLA, this one man was meant to have urinated in a bottle saved it, then riged up something to his leg, and when the doctor came aound to evaluate him.. well you can guess what happened.

This kinda crap makes me furious :angry: talk about stooping to the low <_<

I dont think you are even allowed to own property or at least a house if you are on wellfare.

I'm Living on EI right now, and i have to answer questions about making any money bi-weekly. All that does is Get be by to buy essentials and food, maybe a 12pack.

Im not on welfare but im only 16, and i have a job making 5.15 an hr. I work about 15 hrs a week

my mom is devorsed, and she is a nurse, she is paying for a house and a crappy car B) , suporting a familly, puting food on the table! I am very proud of her, were not on welfare but pretty crap close to it, we live in a nice house and i am happy, i work for all my computer stuff@ :D

hear is my "relaxing" room in the house, or everyones! not just mine :sleep:

sorry about the pic, my dig cam is bad!