I Don't Understand It

bigred

what am I doing wrong? I go to work every day, at LEAST 12 hours a day. I work weekends all too often. sure I've got a good income... but here's the kick in the balls that gets me wound up.

I go to pick up my niece from preschool today. talking to one of the mothers while we're waiting for class to get out. she tells me how hard it is to be a single mother, on welfare... the whole sob story (I felt bad for her at this point). we both walk out with the kids. I get into my vehicle (04 expidition eddie bauer ed). she gets into a BRAND new 04 Lincoln navigator with every option imaginable. I know how much that truck costs. it's a step above the one my wife even drives... ~$65k. how in god's great green earth can she afford that? I work my butt off for the same things. then I thought about it some more. how can she afford to send her kids (she has 4 more) to a private school that costs $4k a year just for preschool?

what am I doing wrong? heck what are most of us doing wrong?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I love these stories ... no offense ...

It's prolly cuz she's on welfare, reports 30% of her income to IRS, and freeloads any meals that she can ... like on Thanksgiving ...

Which reminds me, I was doing something good for Thanksgiving with Soup Kitchens. A mother comes in with 5 kids ... All dressed up in Fubu and new Jordans, and I was like crap ... She got a Prada bag on, and some nice clothes ... At least dress like a bum! The homeless didn't care, cuz she let everybody hit on her ... No dignity I tell u ...

Wouldn't the government be smart enough to notice that a girl driving s 65k car obviously doesn't need wellfare? I also see some kids at school on that reduced lunch thing because they are really poor and stuff, but why do they have all these suped up cars? They also wear that fubu clothing and brag about how much their shoes cost.

Wouldn't the government be smart enough to notice that a girl driving s 65k car obviously doesn't need wellfare? I also see some kids at school on that reduced lunch thing because they are really poor and stuff, but why do they have all these suped up cars? They also wear that fubu clothing and brag about how much their shoes cost.

no, because the govt doesn't have enough resources to research everybody and go after them...there's too many that take advantage of the system, and only a few that get caught, so they think the benefit outweighs the risk.

One of my friends at college, Cornell University...a 30k a year school...applied for food stamps last year! and GOT THEM! i won't go into everything he did to get them, but it had to do with being a minority, and disability (though not really), and something else. He was nowhere near poor, and he just laughed when any of us said something about it....I mean, i would be embarrassed if i was him.

Same here. For me its a matter of pride, I wouldn't want people to know if I payed 10 cents for a lunch or whatever it is. I take pride and pay full price. :)

exactly..... those jerkoffs are just stealing from us! pisses me off to no end.....