"in Your Face Flanders!" (5.1ghz Ocdb Entry)

Graham, your a frikkin' maniac!

Way to go man.

:D My phsychiatrist told me i was sane :confused: Perhaps he's mad as well :nod:

Thanks Carl, now get some juice into that 8400, your not that far behind me at the moment :).

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Whoo-Hoo, Jebus Graham, freakin' awesome my man.

Congratulations you dawg. :)

That's the highest MHz OCDB entry so far isn't it?

VID @ Auto and VID Special Add at 127.87% :D

I've had fantastic luck @4005 with settings similar to Praz's posts 23 & 24 here

http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3765&page=3

Dang, I really wish I had better cooling but I'm gonna keep checking your entry and see what "gems" may work for me.

My n00bness did manage a 48 hour Prime 95 "torture" run.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//48-hr-Prime.JPG

At 4100MHz Core #0 fails at around 7 hours and at 4200MHz it fails in minutes.(the biatch)

As always my Core #1 just keeps truckin' along :)

Fahting around with the 266/667 strap really gets the Mem flying

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//Praz-266-667.JPG

Really appreciate the info advice and "go for it" attitude you and John have been sharing with us.

georgecostanza.jpg

PM me if you need a Thread Title Change.

May I suggest, "In your face Flanders!" :D

Thank's Carl, thank's John.

I like the idea of a title change. Especially to "In your face Flanders!", very apt me thinks, so if you can change it Carl, that would be great.

The only "gems" that are in the entry Carl are my GTL settings and clock setting fine delay.

If the GTl's are changed even 1 value up or down, the clock will fail small FFt's within about 10mins. Unless the clock setting fine delay values are as they are in the OCDB entry, then Orthos will fail on the second block of large FFt's (normally at the 33min to 37min point). I have now entered the clock setting fine delay values manually to the nearest value down from those shown in the OCDB. The hardest part of getting to where it is at the moment, is those fine delay values (because they can and do alter between reboots). I would be prepared to wager a fair wedge of money that most of the so called cpu degredation we are seeing, is down to fine delay settings. I think that DFI's are the only P35's that have it shown in the bios, so other mobo users would'nt know that it can change between boots and therfore think that there cpu is going bad on them.

The actual set Vcore is 1.566v, what you are seeing at 1.55 is a small amount of Vdroop. Compared to a lot of what i have been seeing on different forums, my E8500 needs a shed load of Vcore to get where it is. But then again, mine is stable and to be honest, i doubt very much whether a lot of what i have seen around is stable at all. I certainly hav'nt seen a lot of proof anyway, just a bucket load of Cpuz suicide shots.

It's good you posted the explanation of GTL and Clock Crossing settings. Too many users think this type of performance is simply a matter of plugging in components and pressing the power button. Your entry is a good example of what can be achieved when a person masters the BIOS options available.