"in Your Face Flanders!" (5.1ghz Ocdb Entry)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They will do 533 at those timings. It looks like i may have struck lucky with this particular set of Ballistix. In another thread in the AMD overclocking section, Doc dos'nt seem to be able to get the same ram to run at these speeds or timings. Just the luck of the draw i suppose.

Those are sweet chips, cas 4 @ 533MHz. Could be, the MB allows for better mem. clocks? or just cherry sticks :) Nice work!

how long ago did u get these and from which e-tailer?

About 2 months ago from here. They were on special offer at the time, i did'nt have an Intel rig then, but i bought them anyway as i was planning too.

Those are sweet chips, cas 4 @ 533MHz. Could be, the MB allows for better mem. clocks? or just cherry sticks :) Nice work!

Your guess is as good as mine mknwatt. I'd like to think they are "cherry sticks". If they are, it would be the first time in all the time i've been clocking that i have had a "cherry" of anything :).

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice congrats, this E2160 topped out at 3.36GHz for me, but I might try OCing some more soon. Seems coretemp read ca 15-20C higher in XP than in Vista x64, so I got some headroom left that I didn't think I had before. I gotta double check on that when I get home though.

Thanks guys. I'm working on the screenie below at the moment. Clock at 4257mhz, but more importantly i'm working on the ram at 532mhz. Early days yet of course, but i'm fairly certain it will go the distance. Oh i love this mobo :nod: By the way, ignore Orthos's clock reading :), for some reason it assumes that the only cpu multi is 9.

normal_4257-532ram-test.JPG