"in Your Face Flanders!" (5.1ghz Ocdb Entry)

Glad to see my thread is intact :thumbs-up: . Just posted this in the OCDB. As you can all see, it never did get to 4.8ghz stable. But i'm more than happy with it at 4.75ghz. Just waiting for the E8600's to be released in the UK :D me thinks they could be even better.

Edited by kitfit1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to see threads like this make it over here :) Just read through the whole thing...

Maybe the equivalent Xeon to the E8600 would be better still, possibly having a lower VID for the same speed rating?

This thread has rekindled my burning desire for DFI SLI... I miss DFI overclocking (and the 680i board sucked lol)!

Nice to see threads like this make it over here :) Just read through the whole thing...

Maybe the equivalent Xeon to the E8600 would be better still, possibly having a lower VID for the same speed rating?

This thread has rekindled my burning desire for DFI SLI... I miss DFI overclocking (and the 680i board sucked lol)!

A Xeon has crossed my mind, as it happens. At the moment though they are very hard to come by in the UK anyway. An equevilant to the E8600 might by a bit like pulling chickens teeth :D Got to agree with you on the 680i, a bigger pile of doggy's droppings would be hard to come by. In fact, and i have tried most of them, all the Nvidia chipped 775's are rubbish. Couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I ordered myself a Gigabyte GA-EP45-Extreme Intel P45 this morning. The reason was fairly simple really, the E8600 will be available here in the UK within the next couple of weeks. As DFI have completely failed to come up with a good P45 mobo, i'm left with little choice it seems. I will install the E8600 into my current rig first, to see how well it clocks. Then compare it against the Giga P45. Both under phase, of course :D

I ordered myself a Gigabyte GA-EP45-Extreme Intel P45 this morning. The reason was fairly simple really, the E8600 will be available here in the UK within the next couple of weeks. As DFI have completely failed to come up with a good P45 mobo, i'm left with little choice it seems. I will install the E8600 into my current rig first, to see how well it clocks. Then compare it against the Giga P45. Both under phase, of course :D

Waiting to see that 5GHz run!

Had a change of mind this morning after having another read at XS. I canccelled the Giga P45, and am going to sit tight and wait for the DFI UT P45. Still going to grab an E8600 as soon as they are out though.

Had a change of mind this morning after having another read at XS. I canccelled the Giga P45, and am going to sit tight and wait for the DFI UT P45. Still going to grab an E8600 as soon as they are out though.

ya make sure you get the E0 stepping version :P that's the good stuff there

Ok, new part is now in and performing nicely. Yesterday i spent a long time playing with the ram at 1:1 to see what to expect. This morning i put it back to 5:6, to get myself a basic starting point so that i know i can run it 24/7 while clocking it upwards. Anyway, this is where it's at, at the moment.

normal_5g-test.JPG

As you can see, loads more headroom left in it yet. So far it looks like this chip is going to go a considerable way above 5ghz, i love it banana.gif

There you go Carl, that 5ghz run, as you wanted :D

Edited by kitfit1