"in Your Face Flanders!" (5.1ghz Ocdb Entry)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, those E8600 overclock nicely. Maybe I should get myself 1.

I would if i were you :)

Moved things on a bit now, as you can see below. It's taken a bit of time because i have been having heat problems (these E8600's run very hot). But i have managed to improve it a lot by lapping the cpu and the evap, so the temps are very managable now.

normal_5_142ghz.JPG

I'd say your temps are ok, although with only 1.26v it is a tad higher than i would expect.

My temps move up and down during Orthos Blend, the same as anyones. But during small fft's if the temp get's higher than -10c and start's heading towards 0c, then there is a chance that the evap may not be able to hold the temp anymore. Once that happens the only thing to do is shut down, or stop the Orthos run.

I would if i were you :)

Moved things on a bit now, as you can see below. It's taken a bit of time because i have been having heat problems (these E8600's run very hot). But i have managed to improve it a lot by lapping the cpu and the evap, so the temps are very managable now.

normal_5_142ghz.JPG

Hey can you do some benchmarks at that clock ? A bit of SuperPi for the s775 OC competition thread ?

Hey can you do some benchmarks at that clock ? A bit of SuperPi for the s775 OC competition thread ?

Done it a little while ago, King has'nt updated it yet. In fact i hav'nt seen him logged in for some time.

I know; he's gone for a while...

Can you give a link to your scores ?

It's in the 775 clocking thread, but here it is as well. Dual 1m Pi run, one instance on each core. Hav'nt done anything else yet as i'm using what time i do have to get the basic clock as high as possible.

I would imagine a "throw it to the wind" Pi run might be around 5.5ghz+, but it will have to wait until i get the basic's finished.

normal_5_2ghz-dual_pi.JPG