Would You Do It If Given The Chance

bigred

Ohio? icky!!!! I refuse to have anything to do with ohio :)

yea red, I agree... I'm from Flint (go to school in Iowa) and I think that the sentiment towards Ohio is shared by many Michiganders... Anyways, back to the topic.

I haven't ever been to a CBW, but I know that the stores that we have to choose from in Flint are really weak. We have Digi-link and Ekos, a couple of hole-in-the-walls, plus a few of the big chain stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc...) So, our selection SUCKS. Digilink and Ekos both charge original retail price and don't drop their prices until at least 2 weeks after the MSRP drops. I don't know if you've ever seen these guys at any computer shows around you, but they are horrible. Some of the smaller stores start out with good prices but can't compete/don't get enough business to keep the prices down.

I would like to say that Flint would be a good location for you, but unfortunately I can't justify it. Maybe in a few years if the new city council can get crap figured out, Flint's economy will invite more businesses back and there will be a new market for a CBW. Until then, stick with the rich down in Rochester Hills and I'll have to come down and buy from you when I'm on break or once I graduate. Maybe you'll need a store manager (way to put that Elementary Ed. major to use).

Oh yea, I almost worked for a company called NSI Datatechs that is out of Rochester Hills a few years ago. You know any info on these guys? They are mostly website design/hosting. I would like another opportunity to work with them, but I'm not so sure about the drive every day to work. The money is good, though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flint is an open market, however it's not very conducive to a store like CBW. I checked it out already :( No offense meant by this at all, but you'd have to spend a ton on security in a local like flint. I'd like to stay with in the Oakland / Macomb / Wayne county area as well. Stay with the $$$

BTW incase you guys didn't guess, I'm JOKING about ohio

Edited by bigred

i think it would do very well. i know the cbw in bham the one that sponsored the occ lan is always full of people buyign stuff not browsing . there prices are ok but i dont like the franchise thing . you have to follow there rules and i dont like rules if you ca ndo it with out cbw thats what i would do but that me . 9the key to any business is advertise advertise advertise . you gotta spend alot of money when you first open up in advertising. but if you have alot of cbw in one close area advertising for your store could be hard .

Dude Milwalkee wisconsin. we really dont have that many chain computer stores here the nearest one is milwalkee pc and theve been having troubles. If you need to goto the store for some reason its still within traveling distance. quick hoop on a plane and yah there. But really there hasent been a real compeditor for milwalkee pc. The only ones that come close is a company called Inet computers and they are only a single store. If I was doing it I think the metro milwalkee area would be a good bussiness decision. Anyways thats my two cents. But whatever yah decided good luck on your business ventures. maybe you can get some good luck for change :D It also seems like they have alot of CBWs in your area think about that man. If your gunna do it right you gotta do it where there isnt a single one.

Edited by General912

ever seen the movie dogma? I have to agree with them on the comment about wisconsin...

besides I'll stay out of Troy's sandbox out there (I know the owner / founder of MPC fairly well)

Edited by bigred

• 1 year later...

i would go for it. I would also make this an online retailer, and make it cheap, as cheap as newegg would be smart, also if the range of varieties were biger that would be better look @ newegg, they dont have alot of liquid cooling try to get alot of things not just one, also athlons are Hotter than others, but at the same time people buy semprons alot cause theres alot of poor people. Think of it like that :-)

this topic was from almost 2 years ago. might want to check the dates before replying if you don't want people to start jumping on you. also this is mentioned in the rules ;)

12. Do not dig up old threads! If you want to continue a discussion from an old thread (older than 2-3 months), create a new thread and reference the old one in your opening post if necessary. There is very little reason to dig up an old thread.

the rules

Edited by Trakfast11

i would go for it. I would also make this an online retailer, and make it cheap, as cheap as newegg would be smart, also if the range of varieties were biger that would be better look @ newegg, they dont have alot of liquid cooling try to get alot of things not just one, also athlons are Hotter than others, but at the same time people buy semprons alot cause theres alot of poor people. Think of it like that :-)

577054[/snapback]

Dude, Bigred was in the business, and then sold out and retired at the ripe age of 24 (?)

LOL.

You're waaaay behind bucko.

577054[/snapback]

GG Dice, gg.