I just shaved myself for the first time in my life.

red930

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...thank god I'm not one of those Fred Flintstone guys with the perpetual 5 o'clock shadow

That would be me. I don't shave anymore. When I use the clippers on my head I just remove the guard and do my face to. I know its rather crude, but hey, I work in a studio tech shop. Nobody ever see's me.

Mr. T doesn't shave. He just points to any hair he doesn't want and pities it until it disappears. :D

Hahahaha

I used to do a rough shave with an electric, just so it wasnt too long. I get lazy when the cold weather rolls in so i let my 'winter coat' grow.:dog:

i have to shave every day. heck, i had to start shaving when i was 13. it was cool then, but boy does it suck shaving every day. so, congrats on your first shave! enjoy it now, because after either your fourth shave, or the first time you take off half your chin with a razor, then it isnt so much fun anymore, lol.

A blade has never touched my face...got a norelco for christmas in my early teens and that's all I've ever used since. I should shave every 2-3 days but I only do it once a week now...no need to look perty where I work. Wait till you start getting wild and wooly in yer ears and you can actually feel yer nose hairs growing :D

Some thoughts from someone who has shaved almost every day for the last 45 years.

Electric shavers don't shave as clean but I think using an standard razor makes the stubble tougher and therefore harder to shave.

Stick with an electric if you can, shaving won't be such a chore when you get older.

A hot washrag/towel will open up your pores and allow you to get a closer shave.

But when shaving always use COLD water to rinse the blade.

That way you won't get razor burn (learned that in the Nam).

DON'T put after shave/alcohol on your face right away.

It's pretty irritated and raw after shaving and the alcohol will just cause it to dry out and you'll have more wrinkles when you get older.

I think we need a pic to see what the clean-shaven chubbyfatazn looks like.

(TIP: Put a lot of band-aids on your face so we can all have a laugh) :D