What's the stupidest thing you've ever heard?

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070220/ap_on_sc/ban_the_bulb_8

It's stuff like this thats stupid...

But I should refrase this...it's part of it thats stupid...

like this...

Legislation to gradually restrict the sale of the old-style bulbs could reduce Australia's greenhouse gas emissions by 4 million tons by 2012 and cut household power bills by up to 66 percent, said Environment Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

the bold part is the stupid part we hear...

anyone who believes a cut in electric cost buy a percentage is crazy....with supply and demend...with less used they will charge more for what you use...so the bill will never be less but in fact the same...

you'll just pay more for less...

EDIT: In no way turn this into a political debate thread....I am not debating politics nor am I elaberating on them...this isnt a place for that kind of stuff...I am mearely pointing out the stupid things you hear to make you fall for tactics...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Fry's employee telling a customer that he could run two Nvidia cards in SLI on a crossfire board.

Oops!

Well you kinda can...but you have to use hacked drivers. But yeah you probably shouldn't tell Joe Noob that it is possible.

Well you kinda can...but you have to use hacked drivers. But yeah you probably shouldn't tell Joe Noob that it is possible.

When the guy prefaces the series of questions with "What is SLI?", it is something you should just not suggest.

Guest r3d c0m3t

Stupidest thing I've heard today was:

"I brought a wireless mouse, but where are the wires so I can set it up."

Wtf?