Official LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G Discussion Thread

Yeah I hear ya, man I am so itchin to finally upgrade again.

I've been strictly an AMD guy but the time for a change is near :drool:

Now I can be an AMD an INTEL guy with one board. lol

I hope that NDA expires soon, I need a comprehensive review to really wet my whistle til they arrive in force.

Screw the reviews...just give me the damned board!!! I'll write my own reviews :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:nod: Couldn't have said it better myself.

From what you've heard which core 2 would be the best for this board?

I'd like to hit 4ghz on air with one of them or at least close enough to keep me tryin for a while :sweat:

4ghz on air is a pipe dream bud...the only way to get there is with exotic cooling...phase to be more exact. I have three different Conroes (E6400, E6600 and E6700) and they will all do 3.20 to 3.40 with ease. Anything above that still requires good cooling and that will only get you up to 3.8ish and NOT be a 24/7 rig. Forget what you might see over at XS or anywhere else for that matter. Anything at 3ghz and slightly above on a Conroe is still a hoot and only requires "good" cooling and minimal voltage increase if any at all.

Keep yourself grounded here on planet earth and disregard all of the hype. Once you get a hold of a Conroe and get to see what they can do you will be plenty happy. All of this goes out the window of course if you don't care about 24/7 stability and only care about benchmarks, super PI and suicide screenies. Conroe's are for real but keep what you expect in the "for real" world and consider what you really want out of your PC. You will not keep up with the big dogs running phase...unless you are willing to step up into that arena and lay down the dosh that that foolishness requires.

No disrespect for those that have the cash and resources to play that game. It's a fun one to play...but just consider that those that are posting up the big numbers are being furnished with engineering samples and pre-release goodies and they have a vested interest or are being paid to post the jaw dropping numbers that we sometimes see. Again, Conroe is for real. Just don't get caught up in all of the hype...

An Infinity will satisfy probably 70% to 90% of most people but there are those (me among them) that want to have a little more "tweakability" than the Infinity offers. I'm fully prepared to accept the same max cpu OC that I have already achieved on the Fini in exchange for a little bit more on the tweaking front. Overall system performance is probably going to be in the same ball park. And that is probably the safest comment anyone can make at this point. You're going to be in a plus or minus 5% range on any given benchmark and this statement will include just about EVERY offering available at this point in time if not every single one...actually probably a smaller percentage to be quite honest.

I'm off to the liquor store for some more beer so I can come back and make an even longer winded reply for those that want to read and learn :D Or just read for entertainment purposes on a boring Friday night...;)

I'd settle for close.......

And I'm always willing to learn, no engineering samples for me.

Obviously I don't expect it to be stable at 4ghz. Or even be able to keep it there for any length, the funs in the tryin. But it certainly sounds like the MB won't be the limitation. At least not with a multi of 8 or higher.

And have a beer for me. :-)

Screw the reviews...just give me the damned board!!! I'll write my own reviews :D

At least it'll be truly honest without reservations buddy...

Still I'm looking forwards to a few ocdb entries, lets see how she does against the Infinity..

btw I modded my chipset to 2vnb today on the Infinity with a vari-reg, results are similar to 1.85vnb so far, which seems the point of saturation..

That friggin ICFX bios is gonna keep these fingers busy man. I hope we all get out boards within a reasonable time of each other this time. That way we can get all the tips and stuff worked out fast..

regards

Raja

Man, looks like that "before Christmas for certain" that was on numerous sites before NDA expiry was all BS. Was DFI's boat hi-jacked or something? They shipped the first shipment like a week ago.

/me angry at DailyTech for saying the 15th of December. They made this board look like a paper launch.