Official LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G Discussion Thread

Why 8 gig RAM?? Im doing fine with 1.... but anyway, I am a little curious about C2D and dont know nothing about intel. So, do you guys think this board is worth the money or should I buy a Asus board and maybe save 100$? thats how much it differs in price here in sweden. I would really like a Lanprty since I am very satisfied with my LP UT Ultra D board....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why 8 gig RAM?? Im doing fine with 1.... but anyway, I am a little curious about C2D and dont know nothing about intel. So, do you guys think this board is worth the money or should I buy a Asus board and maybe save 100$? thats how much it differs in price here in sweden. I would really like a Lanprty since I am very satisfied with my LP UT Ultra D board....

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...86&postcount=45

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...85&postcount=49

best bang for the buck if you only need 1 pci-e 16x slot (ie if you have an 8800 video card)

there's simply no reason to spend the money on the DFI ICFX3200. There are much better boards out there for a lot less money, and a LOT less hassle, as well as a lot better long-term reliability (something that DFI is well known to be terrible at...ask the thousands of DFI NF4 Lanparty and CFX3200 users who have boards that died within 6 months)

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...86&postcount=45

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...85&postcount=49

best bang for the buck if you only need 1 pci-e 16x slot (ie if you have an 8800 video card)

there's simply no reason to spend the money on the DFI ICFX3200. There are much better boards out there for a lot less money, and a LOT less hassle, as well as a lot better long-term reliability (something that DFI is well known to be terrible at...ask the thousands of DFI NF4 Lanparty and CFX3200 users who have boards that died within 6 months)

I love your brutally honest opinions and am convinced this is why DFI gave you the heave-ho. :sad: In this case... I must ask is your current judgement clouded? Xtremesystems users have gripes... they are the 1% ers you previously refered to. Overall...based on their posts, this board is not as bad as you paint it. For a folding only rig, my next board will be the Infinity 975 G/X thanks to you. :) I have 2 already and am quite satisfied.

I also have the new LP and it is awaiting arrival of a QX6700. There should be a bios other than 12/22 by then. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4ghz on air is a pipe dream bud...the only way to get there is with exotic cooling...phase to be more exact. I have three different Conroes (E6400, E6600 and E6700) and they will all do 3.20 to 3.40 with ease. Anything above that still requires good cooling and that will only get you up to 3.8ish and NOT be a 24/7 rig. Forget what you might see over at XS or anywhere else for that matter. Anything at 3ghz and slightly above on a Conroe is still a hoot and only requires "good" cooling and minimal voltage increase if any at all.

Keep yourself grounded here on planet earth and disregard all of the hype. Once you get a hold of a Conroe and get to see what they can do you will be plenty happy. All of this goes out the window of course if you don't care about 24/7 stability and only care about benchmarks, super PI and suicide screenies. Conroe's are for real but keep what you expect in the "for real" world and consider what you really want out of your PC. You will not keep up with the big dogs running phase...unless you are willing to step up into that arena and lay down the dosh that that foolishness requires.

No disrespect for those that have the cash and resources to play that game. It's a fun one to play...but just consider that those that are posting up the big numbers are being furnished with engineering samples and pre-release goodies and they have a vested interest or are being paid to post the jaw dropping numbers that we sometimes see. Again, Conroe is for real. Just don't get caught up in all of the hype...

An Infinity will satisfy probably 70% to 90% of most people but there are those (me among them) that want to have a little more "tweakability" than the Infinity offers. I'm fully prepared to accept the same max cpu OC that I have already achieved on the Fini in exchange for a little bit more on the tweaking front. Overall system performance is probably going to be in the same ball park. And that is probably the safest comment anyone can make at this point. You're going to be in a plus or minus 5% range on any given benchmark and this statement will include just about EVERY offering available at this point in time if not every single one...actually probably a smaller percentage to be quite honest.

I'm off to the liquor store for some more beer so I can come back and make an even longer winded reply for those that want to read and learn :D Or just read for entertainment purposes on a boring Friday night...;)

I've read a good few of your posts now and I must say, you speak so much sense, you have a very wise head mate which will save no end of people heart ache if they do what you say.

Well done for being so genuine :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
I love your brutally honest opinions and am convinced this is why DFI gave you the heave-ho. :sad: In this case... I must ask is your current judgement clouded? Xtremesystems users have gripes... they are the 1% ers you previously refered to. Overall...based on their posts, this board is not as bad as you paint it. For a folding only rig, my next board will be the Infinity 975 G/X thanks to you. :) I have 2 already and am quite satisfied.

I also have the new LP and it is awaiting arrival of a QX6700. There should be a bios other than 12/22 by then. :)

why would my current judgement be clouded? I owned the board, I tested it myself, I talk to a lot of users who have it, I saw the problems that no one else that didn't work for DFI didn't see, I spoke my mind honestly about it and got canned for it...what isn't bright, shiny, and clear about it?

as for the XS people, they don't even rate in my book. Less than 1% is what they are, and that means they scream the loudest, but actually spend the least, and have the least REAL opinion.

the other 99% like you and me, we are the REAL users. We don't buy a board to see if it will get 92354234Mhz FSB. We buy a board that is nice, reliable, overclocks a bit if that is what we want, and thats pretty much it.

It's "boring" to be the 99%. I guess it is exciting for those XS guys to be the 1% always trying to volt-mod their testicles or whatever it is the 1%'ers are always trying for.

Based on their overall posts, I don't even consider them when I want to get an opinion of something. I go to where the 99% REAL users hang out, like here, PCPER, and many other forums that are not focused on EXTREME whatever things the XS guys are focused on (ie unrealistic).

My initial judgement still stands about the ICF3200. I wouldn't own one. I sold the piece of junk I had (the buyer apparently loves it, and that's great, I moved on to what I consider better, and he got what he considers better by purchasing it from me).

so you can see, what is mostly at work is opinions. My opinion is what started this whole ruckus, and I don't regret stating what I stated for a minute, even though it cost me a $30k/year steady, easy paycheck. I'd rather eat dog turds than work for a company that mistreats the truth as well as their customers.

• 4 weeks later...

Now I know why you're not supporting DFI anymore AG, I've decided to buy the Infinity instead of the ICFX, maybe Ï'll buy an ICFX when time get ripe.. Or if time gets ripe. Disappointed? A bit, more than that to be honest. I've always wanted an exotic overclocking DFI-board with UV-reactive japanese slots to learn OC-ing on but I'll be wise and less stuborn for once in a while: I'll stick with the bang for my buck and maybe when I've learned more about OC'ing and am ready for more, than I'll buy an LP board. :) Once again, thanks for the information AG!! :)

• 2 months later...

These overclocking is like an extreme sport.You have the money you can play it.Don't have money?... Then you better develop some skils and get noticed by a sponsors.It'slike this in the racing industry.If your no racer then you get a mainstream car that is reasonable and does the job.If you are the racer type you get the Porche andput alot of money in chip tuning and all that.If you don't have much money and no skills you buy a low-end board with some cheap memory and office class CPU and a GPU that let's you play some older gamesyou add the storage and the PSU and ODD and throw it in a case that you bought cheap and enjoy it.If you have money or are into the modding and the show off part youput allyourmoney in aPC that you can show off and have no food in your mouth.But you are happy when you know you made something with your own hands that isn't like the other person's PC and it's unique

• 3 months later...