• Of course! Blue Ray:Movies::HDTV:Television
    • No way. No reason
    • Possibly. If the $ is right.
    • PS3! DUH!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So nobody's gonna try to make a quick buck tomorrow? No camping huh? :shake: I got my own blue "ray" today Cost me $500... (the pic limit is 800x600 right?) :confused:

O got a green and red one too... The red isn't very visable though... Must get a bigger one. :D

LOL. allthatwhichis... you hear about that nose-mounted laser turret from Lockhead Martin?

LOL. allthatwhichis... you hear about that nose-mounted laser turret from Lockhead Martin?

I heard something about it... They're not in the visible spectrum, and I can't get one... I only like em if I can use em in a laser show... I have heard the laser diode in the PS3 is a rare one. It's wavelength is 410 or 405nm, right at the bottom of visible. The blue I have above is 473nm. I hear some people want to get a PS3 to take it apart for the diode. There are laser modules, 20+mW pointer on steriods (pointers are <5mW), that are made with the same diode that are starting to sell for $2000. Theoratically, you could get a $600 PS3 and mod the diode for $100 or 200 to make the same type module. It make a purdy violet... drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif

IF you can't tell lasers have become my newest obsession... :cool:

HD-DVD looks more workable and appealing in every sense, but doesn't get the same attention. There was UMD as well... and the previous claiming of the CD format as their own. The heavy breathing with Lik-Sang and all the DRM crap, along with some dumb promotion of the new one ("not a games console", FFS). All the same, the new console looks good to me and I might get it if/when prices get sane for H/W and titles. Not a stand-alone player though.