What kind of Car do you drive??

Nightshadow

I'll bet it does! I hear corvettes can be very tail happy.

I had a first generation Toyota MR2. That thing would swap ends faster than lightning if you lifted in a turn. My bomber 911 did the exact same thing so I was used to it. Both were sold to guys that couldn't handle them and were totaled within a couple of months.

I used to buy cars that were on their last leg then flog the crap out of them until they just couldn't go anymore. Saved a lot of money on insurance and repairs. LOL

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. You ever take that elise to the track? Do let me know when you decide to get rid of that, and I'll gladly take it off you're hands ;)

Yes i have taken it to Brands Hatch public days a few times, but it does get a bit crowded so peeps in Porches and and souped up road cars slow me down :D. Sell it? i don't think so, the best car i've ever owned. Apart from that, shipping costs to the USA might put you off :eek2:

I had a first generation Toyota MR2. That thing would swap ends faster than lightning if you lifted in a turn. My bomber 911 did the exact same thing so I was used to it. Both were sold to guys that couldn't handle them and were totaled within a couple of months.

I used to buy cars that were on their last leg then flog the crap out of them until they just couldn't go anymore. Saved a lot of money on insurance and repairs. LOL

Yeah, They definatly require more skill to drive than you're average FR car. I learned to drive this thing to it's limits on the track, and I am more comfortable driving it than any car out there. When you start to skid, you've just gotta plant you're foot down. I suppose the same can be said for all MR cars. I love how this thing sticks to the road, and carves through the corners. I am sure you noticed how light and nimble the mk1 felt, and on those 20 mph corners it wo'nt break a sweat. Same for the mk2, with the exception that it is heavier, and sort of just glides, and carves it's way along the roadway.

Yes i have taken it to Brands Hatch public days a few times, but it does get a bit crowded so peeps in Porches and and souped up road cars slow me down :D. Sell it? i don't think so, the best car i've ever owned. Apart from that, shipping costs to the USA might put you off :eek2:

Very nice. What year elise? Sportpack? I really want one, either that or a tesla roadster.

Wow. Definatly a nice car then.. How do you like that 2zz? I have seen people put those in mr2 spyders, and the performance becomes on par with an elise!

It's a bloody good engine. I'm not to shure the UK engine is the same as you get in the USA. Our's sounds much louder than your's and our emission laws are different than your's as well. One thing is for shure, you can stick it in an MR2 for performance but it won't handle anything like an Elise. In other words tight bends don't need brakes or lifting off the gas.

My car is in my sig.

damn nice vinyl lol

One thing is for shure, you can stick it in an MR2 for performance but it won't handle anything like an Elise. In other words tight bends don't need brakes or lifting off the gas.

As the lotus factory is literally up the road from me, a work associate is sporting a brand new elise with a custom K20a engine seriously fast and Im seriously jealous, as my next car is looking to be an audi estate. lol

I have a Raleigh Ram 2.0 for my regular cummutes.

My parents have a 98 Audi A4 1.8T 5-spd and a 95 Mercedes-Benz C220 Auto, both of which I also drive.

The Porsche Carrera GT in my sig is the car of my dreams

I've already mentioned my car... but my parents drive:

2006 Ford F-550 Turbo Diesel

2007 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax Diesel (dually)

2003 Ford F-350 (Plow truck)

2003 Audi TT 1.8L Turbo

2007 GMC Envoy XUV

1972 Chevelle SS

For fun:

2006 Yamaha YFZ450 (modded, mine)

2006 Yamaha Rhino (modded, my Dad's)

2000 Yamaha TTR90 (stock)

2000 Suzuki QuadSport 80 (little brothers)

2005 SKI-DOO MXZ Renegade 600 (Mine)

2005 SKI-DOO Elite (limited edition made only two years)

EDIT: Sorry for bragging, I normally don't, I'm just in the mood right now...