What kind of Car do you drive??

Nightshadow

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean, you add subs to the car?

I can't do that with the Benz or the Cadillac. The reason mainly is that they have BOSE systems which run 1 OHMs, and if I put in an extra amp it will burn out. I have the other adapter, but it makes it worthless, you lose like 75% of the quality and power.

I want the new s550 and 5 Series because they have harman/kardon LOGIC7 14 speaker Systems.

No, I rip out all the stock stuff, including the amp(s) and replace everything with aftermarket stuff.. My mr2 has JBL C508 GTI components up front, JBL 404GTI components in the back, JBL Sub, and Sony ES/infinity amps. ;)

No, I rip out all the stock stuff, including the amp(s) and replace everything with aftermarket stuff.. My mr2 has JBL C508 GTI components up front, JBL 404GTI components in the back, JBL Sub, and Sony ES/infinity amps. ;)

Nice, I was thinking about doing something like that, but I have no cars that it would be worthwhile in.

replacing 14-16 speakers is just too much work :

I might get a G35 coupe instead of the BMW, but not sure yet. I'm pretty sure you can do much more after market stuff to a G35.

I definitely want some Kicker Solo-Baric subs.

Nice, I was thinking about doing something like that, but I have no cars that it would be worthwhile in.

replacing 14-16 speakers is just too much work :

I might get a G35 coupe instead of the BMW, but not sure yet. I'm pretty sure you can do much more after market stuff to a G35.

I definitely want some Kicker Solo-Baric subs.

Yeah, Well for me, any car is worth upgrading the stereo in. I currently have all my jbl gear in my Mr2.. It makes a good car for a nice SQ setup. And I am a sound quality freak. Anyway as far as bass goes, I just have the one jbl 10 for now, crammed behind the passenger seat. Too much bass just drowns everything else out.

The Mr2 Spyder makes a very good track car. Any mr2 makes a good track car for that matter. I would say about half of the people that drive mr2's track them on a regular basis. It's always fun to see a mildly built mr2 taking on porches and other cars with twice the power output.

The rear tires on my turbo model last me about 15k miles at the most, usually less, depending on the kind of driving I am doing. Even with bald rear tires, it still handles alot better than most FR cars, you just have to know how to drive.

Yup I had one I never would have sold it but someone ran over it. 87 les power than the turbos but less weagt and very fun to drive. I agree it had a fantastic setup to put a good sterio in though it would never be ballenced for both driver and passenger with it's small size. The biggest thing that turned me off of the spyder was no real room for a sub tough you could make one work somewhere.

Here is a old pic ignore the cheesy smile- my two toys I was so happy.

th_fzrpic2.jpg

jbl, kicker all pap compared to JL audio W7's 13" puppies, ahh lovely bass!

and i disagree some of the top end Euro cars, you would never rip out the HU cos theres not alot that will beat it out there

I suppose jl makes decent speakers, I have heard the w7's and they are loud. Comparing them to a company like jbl though, That is just a big no no. Jbl has been around So much longer (harman audio) than all theese noobs, and are considered to be among the best speaker manufacturing company in the world. I don't understand the need for alot of bass in the first place.. I like my music to sound good.

Yup I had one I never would have sold it but someone ran over it. 87 les power than the turbos but less weagt and very fun to drive. I agree it had a fantastic setup to put a good sterio in though it would never be ballenced for both driver and passenger with it's small size. The biggest thing that turned me off of the spyder was no real room for a sub tough you could make one work somewhere.

Here is a old pic ignore the cheesy smile- my two toys I was so happy.

th_fzrpic2.jpg

Nice, I see that you had a mk1 as well. What makes an astoundingly fast car is a mk1 shell with a 3sgte from an mr2 turbo. Stick a boost controller on there, and you're keeping up with the big boys.

One of the reasons I like the 93 turbo, is it actually has alot more room for subs behind the seats. There is a ledge behind each seat, and one could put truck boxes back there.

Nice, I see that you had a mk1 as well. What makes an astoundingly fast car is a mk1 shell with a 3sgte from an mr2 turbo. Stick a boost controller on there, and you're keeping up with the big boys.

One of the reasons I like the 93 turbo, is it actually has alot more room for subs behind the seats. There is a ledge behind each seat, and one could put truck boxes back there.

How easy is it to fit? 200-250HP in that tiny car qould be crazy. I always wanted to put a good bike engine in 200 HP, casset trani, almost no weight but then no reverse unless you added a n electric one and track only.

How easy is it to fit? 200-250HP in that tiny car qould be crazy. I always wanted to put a good bike engine in 200 HP, casset trani, almost no weight but then no reverse unless you added a n electric one and track only.

It is actually a preaty straight forward swap.. Granted it is a tight fit, but it makes for one amazing car! Check out www.mk1point5.com That is the website of the first guy who ever did the swap. Amazing stuff.

EDIT: Also check out this video to see it in action!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=86...760&q=mr2&hl=en