What kind of Car do you drive??

Nightshadow

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PP Mguire

Well not much, but here ya go.

67 Mustang GTA. Weve got it running and now all we gotta do is clean it up, paint it, tweak it, and bolt the seats back in.

Car1.jpg

See about to rain again, i really took this picture for the clouds.

Car2.jpg

Guest PP Mguire

Im on dial up right now so it wont load the pictures so im guessing your talking about the picture of the Tiburon in Florida right? Or did you forget me mentioning that little part. If not, correct me cause i cant load pictures right now :(

I am starting to get the fever again...going to start looking for a lightweight toy...

Saw a tubbed and narrowed 73 Vega sitting....kinda got me thinking...

But I would really like to find a decent 70 Vega... or another Chevy Monza...;)

I too, have the fever. My suspension needs some attention, and a little body work is in store for me this spring. Once I am content with the rest of the car, engine mod time! I am hoping the budget has room for a big turbo setup in it... ;)

Yea...that will need a good budget....as the turbo is only a small part of the set up...;)

A couple of years back I was really looking hard at Mini-Coopers...I want an "S" model to mod for myself...but havent got the extra cash flowing around to drop on one...;)

Yea...that will need a good budget....as the turbo is only a small part of the set up...;)

A couple of years back I was really looking hard at Mini-Coopers...I want an "S" model to mod for myself...but havent got the extra cash flowing around to drop on one...;)

Turbo, FMIC, "Chip", improved induction system and exhaust, etc etc etc - the list of additions for a Big turbo project is indeed staggering. I am a patient guy, by doing the body work and suspension first it allows me to consider the entire package before I buy any "bolt ons" or anything that would be considered a tuning upgrade. I don't know if I can resist a 'temporary' ecu remapping before I can afford the whole turbo upgrade though!

Today we put some miles on her, warm weather testing so to speak.

This car is quick stock, easily hitting 180km/h (110mph) at aboout 5700rpm in (edit: 4th) (on private property!!). Not alot left before the rev limiter at that point but I'll never need more than that on a public road anyways... ;)

you could always check into ECM remapping software... it's a littlle pricey but you can tune and remap it yourself...

not hard to learn...plus you can always get assisntance for the 1st time walk thru...buying a chip will get you close but not fully taylored to your combo...

some use stand-alone ECM when upgrading for ease of tuning...getting the most power out of a combo efficiently is all about the ECM tuning...

for the best posible tune you'll probably want to put a sensor in each exhaust pipe coming out of the head so you know exactly what each cylinder is doing and tune accordingly...;)

Thats the biggest problem around here....kids all watch fast and furious and then go buy all these parts and put them on their cars and dont tune the ECM as optimum as it could be and the car falls on it's face when it should be making some killer power...

had a buddy do that with a WRX...put a bigger turbo on it a stand alone ECM and intercooler and down pipe and all that jazz... shoulda been making around 650ish horsepower but everytime he'd jump on it....it would hit the pop-off before he'd shift...ended up falling flat....all the while I just sailed on by...;)