Sign in to follow this  
Nightshadow

What kind of Car do you drive??

Here's some pictures of a little engine I did for an Old boss who is now not with us any more...

This was the car I have rebuilt....it's been a couple of years now...And I think I am almost ready to get started on mine...

My Monte is in the back ground of some of the pictures and has since been moved...

I dont know if the boss's car is in any of these shots...but it was still blue then...he painted it cream yellow before he passed...

he wanted a car with some balls...so I gave him 500hp worth of them...lol

needless to say...he only jumped on it once or twice and then called me and asked...."what the heck did you put in that thing"....my reply was...umm nothing you didnt ask for....

He was like most people who never really know what real power was/is and I gave him a very small taste of the big picture...

He would have been real happy had he lived long enough for us to hook all 500 ponies to the pavement...1st, 2nd and most of 3rd was useless...nothing but tire spin....even with 5-10psi in the tires... it really could have used rear suspension help....

I also rebuilt a dump truck for him (chevy 1 ton) and put a mild 454in motor in it...it was the 1st time he ever saw a dump truck rip all 4 rear duallie tires from a rolling start...I kinda went a little overboard...he said he needed to dump in a hurry...lol...I did have to tone that one down as his kids wore several set of tires in no time...ha..

Picures.....

enginescw6.th.jpgengines2at8.th.jpg

The engine is a 400 small block Chevy that I re-did and end up getting very close to 500hp and was very conservative even with dual 500cfm carbs...

even with 500hp...good driving manors netted over 18mpg with the overdrive tranny and 3:73 rear gears...;)

Guest PP Mguire

Dual 2 barrel or 4? I cant really tell from the picture quality and lighting.

My dads car has a little 289 HP. Havent decided if the gas prices will allow us to put a 4 on it but we did put some 60s on the back. Mmm Cobra tires. Will get pics soon.

Dual 2 barrel or 4? I cant really tell from the picture quality and lighting.

My dads car has a little 289 HP. Havent decided if the gas prices will allow us to put a 4 on it but we did put some 60s on the back. Mmm Cobra tires. Will get pics soon.

You can definately tell those are Dual-four barrel carbs....they are re-worked Edelbrock 500cfm carbs...

probably more like 550cfm carbs...for a total of 1100cfm....but I am sure the engine doesnt use it all...

And it's set up at a 1:1 ratio...so you get 4 barrel at idle and the other 4 are vacuum actuated...and yes the engine pulls enough vacuum to open the other 4 barrels open...

I really liked these carbs they are easier to set up and get running than others....I really liked the Carter Competition series but they dont make them any more...;)

This car is very responsive at all part off the throttle...off idle torque is killer...had it set up on "stump pull" mode...it ran hard all the way up to 5,000rpm...but by then you were long gone...;)

lol...yea...

and the best part was it was a low cost build...I think I had less than $2500 in the whole engine...most of it was parts we had laying around other than the intake and heads which I had reworked to my specs...

when it comes to drivetrains I am a real pack-rat...got more of them laying around than I care to mention...

My favorite Econo toy was a 3.0litre V6 Mitisubishi motor in a Dodge Caravan than I milled the heads on to get 11.5:1 compression and did some ECM mods and a few other minor engine mods to get 368horse power...that thing was fun to drive but was real hard on half-shafts...;)

I was messing with those in the mid 90's before the ricer thing got popular...;)

Guest oRiOn

My car:

myis2wm4.jpg

myis1ss5.jpg

myis3rb7.jpg

Mods: JDM Antenna / VIS Carbon OEM Hood / WALD Front Lip / Greddy Evo 2 Catback

Comments Appreciated,

-Will

Guest PP Mguire

Not to bad. Everytime i go outside to take pics with my phone of the car it starts raining. Now its dark :( Damn spring.

I drive a 1999 Taurus Se, or a 2000 Explorer XT during the winter. I've got a 1992 Mustang GT sitting in the garage just waiting for springtime. It's currently sporting a blown/cooled 306 making 480HP/480TQ to the wheels at the last dyno session. I'm estimating about 550 at the motor. It's got too many mods to list but the important one are the Vortech S-trim/Aftercooler.

Guest oRiOn

Yes, 2JZ-GE the NA Supra motor, I am dropping in a 2JZ-GTE, the twin turbo supra motor and will boost around 22 psi w/ 600hp daily driven.

Thanks,

-Will

Guest oRiOn

The engine will be about 1600-2000 then I will sleeve/polish/stroke the block and add some new rods and hardened pistons. Also going with a full overhaul of ECU and standalone fuel management w/ standalone boost control. The exhaust will be all custom, hand made 3-3.5 inches w/ a custom wastegate setup. Debating to go Twin or Single turbo most likely twin GT-28's w/ 22psi of boost and 600+rwhp and I will be in heaven. Next is the drivetrain, a V161 GETRAG which will be the most expensive part due to the high demand and rarity of the transmission. This will feed to my stock LSD in the rear since the gears are perfect for the tranny which is a 6 speed (stock is 5, waited 3 months to get a manual). I hope to show/track the car also. I love having the sickest car at school, everyone just stares at it and always compliment me :) , girls love it too since it is uber luxurious w/ leather+suede seats/interior and the name Lexus.

-Will

edit-

install + work will be done by me (getting better at welding, was welding my exhaust setup today [Greddy Evo 2] since the exhaust is for a 2002 IS300 it was way off about 5 inches)