What kind of Car do you drive??

Nightshadow

Heh - 18psi is starting to get 'pumped up' :) You'll want to run the good fuel with that. What kind of compression ratio is that motor? If it's running 14's now, it must be pretty peppy allready - you don't wanna get the death-rattle up @ full-tilt ;)

The stock ratio is 8.8:1 You are right 18 psi is pushing it. To be safe, I would need bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and a better I/C... The ct20b is just the stock turbo off the 3rd gen version of my motor.. They are apparently good for 18psi.. I would like a good 46/50 trim turbo, but they are so expensive.

Uhh, the topic of this thread is "What kind of car do you drive??", not "What kind of car do you RACE??" smil3dbd4e5e7563a.gif

Years ago I modified a 1980 Plymouth for 1/4... the 5.9L engine was my pride... I pulled very good ET times with it, but I choose computers over cars in the mid 90's: safer, yet nearly as expensive :rolleyes:

I have (still) a Chrysler Sebring 2000, with the smallest V6 engine (just 160 hp)... drives very nice. I also had until recently a Honda CR-V, because someone dear to me suggested me to get it... I sold it, no more st00pid feminine SUV... that car and the person who suggested it can go to... (same person ran away with a 4400+ that belongs to me, among other things :mad: )

Now I am buying a Mazda CX-7... the AWD Grand Touring version. Problem is the thing is still at Hiroshima assembly plant; I paid $1000 USD in advance and I will get it till Febrary 15th :mad:

I think the CX-7 is more of my alley: SUV type room, so if I need to carry big boxes it will do the job... but also has enough power to move quickly (244 hp), lets just say that while drive testing it my friend Laura couldn't hold the wheel while pushing full throttle... lol, women are funny smiles-icon_rolleyes.gif

By then I won't need the Sebring and I will sell it too... I can't wait, grrrr :tooth:

Hey racing cars is driving too! I too have invested more time (and money) into computers, but I really need to invest more into my car.

My computer has been made alot faster over the years, so it's time I learn about overclocking the car some.. Can anyone direct me to the toyota overclocking guide?? :)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey racing cars is driving too! I too have invested more time (and money) into computers, but I really need to invest more into my car.

My computer has been made alot faster over the years, so it's time I learn about overclocking the car some.. Can anyone direct me to the toyota overclocking guide?? :)

HAHA, I have invested more in my computer than on my car :sweat: This because I sold the CR-V... so that one doesn't count :P

My CX-7 is going to at least have a K&N air filter... and maybe the intake for the Mazda Speed6, the aftermarket one.

Sure do, and car for car the Z-06 is the weakest link of the 3,

Now granted a stock Supra couldnt touch a Z-06, but dollar for dollar IMO you can get more out of a Supra.

How is it a better dollar per dollar value? The Z06 blows the Supra into the weeds stock.....and with 10g's added to both cars......the vette still blows it away....add 40g's to both the Supra gets beat by more. The vette is lighter and has more power, and a way stronger drivetrain. I have lots a friends that have Supras with 800-1000hp....they aren't all that. HP don't mean much if your not able to get it to the ground. They get beat by modified Corvettes all the time. Theres a bunch of twin turbo corvettes running around So Cal and Texas that didn't spend that kind of money to get those kind of HP numbers.

Here is another Aussie falcon for you , be it a tad newer, 05 BA XR6

misc%20077.jpg

Heres my faithful GQ patrol bogged to the sills in the local state forest

boggedgq.jpg

And the latest edition, 12/06 Hilux SR5 EFI Diesel Inter cooled turbo Diesel , got this one the day before christmas

newest.jpg

Nice rides posted here guys.

Mine's a '99 Dodge Ram Sport, 5.9 Magnum, 4x4, Automatic

Mopar Performance Magnum ECU P5007105, w/180 T-Stat

Borla Exhaust Stainless Cat-back Duals

K&N Generation-II FIPK Cold Air Kit w/K&N FilterWrap

Goodyear Fortera TripleTred's (older pic show rts's)

Pioneer DEH-P9400MP MP3/WMA/XM HU

Pioneer CDX-P1280 12 Disc CD Changer

Pioneer CD-IB100II iPod Interface

US Amps USA-5600X 500W 5ch Amp (Rare, w/6ch RCA inputs)

AlumaPro C.A.P. 15 Capacitor

The Big Three Underhood Wiring

Two sets Rockford Fosgate FNQ3614 - 6.5" Mids, 1" Tweets

A-Pillars from a Ram Infinity Stereo System for two of the RF tweets

JL Audio Stealthbox 12" Subwoofer

264 CD's aboard in 22 cartridges of 12 CD's

wardogramside9sa.th.jpg

Your truck reminded me one a guy had that I worked with at a summer job 2 summers ago (2005) and he had this F-150 with the V8 Lariat diesel. He had:

Lifted suspension (worked at a boat repair place)

Complete new intake

Supercharger (no idea why... diesels benefit more from turbos?)

Performance chip

Complete 5" dia exhaust

35" tires

Damn thing sounded like a helicopter on take off... charger had the whine, exhaust had the thump-thump-thump like rotor blades.

I asked him how much horsepower it was making... he replied "Only about 540." I said "oh" and walked away because my boss was coming, then he yelled after me and said he was making upwards of 800 ft/lbs of torque. I talked with him at lunch about it... he said he was towing a boat and went to pull away from a red light, and smoked all 4 tires in 4 wheel drive for 75 feet. That is some serious power.