What kind of Car do you drive??

Nightshadow

I'm impressed. I didn't think people on a computer forum would be into cars. Here's mine. 2003 Acura RSX w/ Greddy turbo. 2nd pic is of me installing the turbo kit.

I think car enthusiast and computer hobbyist go hand and hand.....it's all about fine tuning, adding more power without blowing the thing up. Melting pistons or CPUs = )

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the latest edition, 12/06 Hilux SR5 EFI Diesel Inter cooled turbo Diesel , got this one the day before christmas

newest.jpg

I like that hilux alot :) Sometimes I think it would be nice to live in australia, just because you guys get alot of landcruisers. I've thought about having one of theese imported from japan, or australia :

Patrol44g1.jpg

RSX = FWD 2.0L inline 4. Enough said?

That's still a cool car though. If I pulled up to a light and didn't see the FMIC, I'd be surprised! (but I'd still win :tooth:)

Not by much though... hehe. She puts down a good 270 whp. My problem -> FWD. Traction isnt my friend. Either is torque steer. I have beaten stock evo's on the highway before from a roll (it was a friend, I dont condone street racing).

I have a friend with an 89 240sx that still has the old KA in it, but a custom turbo that is good for about 350 whp. That thing is pretty quick. But, he dropping in the RB26DETT soon. I dont even want to know how much he can squeeze out of there.

How is it a better dollar per dollar value? The Z06 blows the Supra into the weeds stock.....and with 10g's added to both cars......the vette still blows it away....add 40g's to both the Supra gets beat by more. The vette is lighter and has more power, and a way stronger drivetrain. I have lots a friends that have Supras with 800-1000hp....they aren't all that. HP don't mean much if your not able to get it to the ground. They get beat by modified Corvettes all the time. Theres a bunch of twin turbo corvettes running around So Cal and Texas that didn't spend that kind of money to get those kind of HP numbers.

Not sure what you think dollar for dollar means, but in the real world it means 1 corvette for 40ish K? 1 TT supra can be baought for less than 20k easily, at least in new england. So take the money you save on buying the vette and put it into the Supra. thats what dollar for dollar means, aka modify both cars on a set budget, including the purchase of the car. A friend of mine has to C-5 vettes (not Z-06's) another friend has a basicially stock supra (its even an automatic) but it is a TT. The supra has alot less money tied up into it than either vette, and its still faster. The only mods to the car were made because it was wrecked by a 16 year old kid before my friend bought it, and it took him 3-4 years to put it back together. It has the original turbos, but has a gReddy FMIC because the stock one was cut in half when it was wrecked. as well as a filter kit, new ECM, aftermarket wheels/tires. Thats pretty much all that was done to the car. Now granted it wont beat a Z06, but it isnt comparable in its current state to a Z06.

My problem -> FWD. Traction isnt my friend. Either is torque steer.

Reminded me of a day a few summers ago. With your RSX beside me I wouldn't even think of giving you the nod at a light. Much wiser, now.

But the kid in the '93 Shadow there at the light next to me at that moment seemed foolishly intent on giving me a run from the light. Yet today I stilll get goosebumps reliving those 4-5 seconds:cool: So I cooly reach over and kill the AC, pop the OD off and drop it into 1st. My windows still up and the stereo blaring. Light goes green and he's smoking the fronts, sliding ever closer. Two lengths now and he's still smoking 'em, me out front by half a length and he's now three quarters in my lane, with me intent on keeping off the shoulder gravel.

Four or five lengths and I'm now stupified I haven't shaken this idiot and his 4cyl Shadow. When suddenly this Shadow shimmied. Just the slightest. If it wasn't for him being in my lane and my having to keep an eye on his whereabouts I wouldn't have even noticed it.

No smoke now and clearing it out of my lane, that's where he hooked it up and the rubber proclaimed "Hello' to the asphalt. Now, I'd spent a fair share of my younger days being the passer and sometimes the passee. '68 Dart GTS with a massaged 340/full manual valve body, or '74 Ford PU with a supplanted SCJ/Muncie.

I'm hear to tell ya, if I was to say he shot past me when the smoke cleared it'd be a bald-faced lie. Rocketed past me would be a more apt description.

I kept my foot into it and caught up at the next light. That's when I rolled my window down. That's also when I heard eminating from it the throatiest rumble from a car that size I'd ever heard. WTF?? I must've been quite the sight at that moment for he broke out laughing and knee slapping.

We pulled into the Harley dealership and he popped the hood. Chrome piping and twin turbos.

I'm not kidding when I say if you were to toss a dime in there you wouldn't have gotten the hood closed over it.

Needless to say I now roll my window down prior to making snap judgements concerning dragging small cars.

Wardog, Awsome story man. I know how that is :) Not that I street race, but I notice in this car, even the "ricers" in their honda's, and what-have-you, NEVER try to rev their engines at me! I suppose maybe they are aware I am just faster than them, or it could be that the car just looks fast. Most likely however, it's the fact that even with their windows rolled up, the exahaust on this thing will rattle their whole car :)

Not that I street race, ...

I might make a couple exceptions a summer. It's simply too damn hard on my Rams drivetrain.

Meet me some snowy winter morning before the snowplows get out and all bets are off. I've got four Winter Dueler DM-Z2's that grab onto ice and snow like nobodys business.

Here it's Dec 30th, predicted high of 48*F today, and still no snow to speak of for the winter.:mad: