Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far he's been work'n on mine. I'll watch him closer, cause I think he should do like you say, sit down or rest when TEC is inactive. Maybe I should give him a rest and gtb cause its been a long day. I am really starting to like this cooler. Very happy :D

has eney1 tryed taking the tec out the monsoon then putting it under a h2o cpu block. that could kick butt. before i heard about the monsoon i wouldnt hav thought air would ever be good enought to cool a tec. my friend who lives just down the road was thinking of building a h2o cooled system with a home made tech. but i advised against it coz making ure owe tec would be a wright pain in the butt. what if you put the plate in upside down so the hot side is on the cpu:eek: . or just put the current through it the wrong way:eek: . i'll tell him about the monsoon maybe he'll atually do it this time:drool: . as it shouldnt be to diff , as the monsoon gives u all the kit u need. just need to find a way to mount the plate under a waterblock oh and thats if its easy to get it out the monsoon too.

it would hav to hav it own personal water loop to other wize u'd cook all ure other hardware.

has eney1 tryed taking the tec out the monsoon then putting it under a h2o cpu block. that could kick butt. before i heard about the monsoon i wouldnt hav thought air would ever be good enought to cool a tec. my friend who lives just down the road was thinking of building a h2o cooled system with a home made tech. but i advised against it coz making ure owe tec would be a wright pain in the butt. what if you put the plate in upside down so the hot side is on the cpu:eek: . or just put the current through it the wrong way:eek: . i'll tell him about the monsoon maybe he'll atually do it this time:drool: . as it shouldnt be to diff , as the monsoon gives u all the kit u need. just need to find a way to mount the plate under a waterblock oh and thats if its easy to get it out the monsoon too.

it would hav to hav it own personal water loop to other wize u'd cook all ure other hardware.

You can buy TEC plates for around $50 from the Danger Den store. Why take apart the Monsoon if you can just buy a TEC, just for the monitor thing? The problem is that without the whole unit, when the TEC turns off it'll turn into an insulator. There would be nothing connected to the cold plate to continue cooling the CPU.

If I'm remembering what I read in this thread correctly, there are heatpipes under the tec in this unit, so it's not just the tec cooling the cpu. I'd advise against putting it under a waterblock and especially against fliping it over as the tec itself produces heat... And it doesn't transfer cold from one side to another, it just makes one side cold and the other side hot, so reversing it would nicely cook the cpu.

If I'm remembering what I read in this thread correctly, there are heatpipes under the tec in this unit, so it's not just the tec cooling the cpu. I'd advise against putting it under a waterblock and especially against fliping it over as the tec itself produces heat... And it doesn't transfer cold from one side to another, it just makes one side cold and the other side hot, so reversing it would nicely cook the cpu.

that what i told my mate about putting it in upsidedown & what i said in my post. he is a sparky after all.

general septem

You can buy TEC plates for around $50 from the Danger Den store. Why take apart the Monsoon if you can just buy a TEC, just for the monitor thing? The problem is that without the whole unit, when the TEC turns off it'll turn into an insulator. There would be nothing connected to the cold plate to continue cooling the CPU.

cheers i'll tell him about that. they still aint to difficult to make its just using the right two metals. well thats what he's been tilling me. and its getting all the other stuff, extra tec power supply which a homemade tec well strain. etc etc.

im not to interested in a tec for myself. unless i seem sumthing amazing. im more thinking of water cpu & north prob.

putting it under a h2o cpu block.

I was think'n maybe put the TEC on the RAD box, cool the H2O. This way the heats out blows out the box fan and doesn't heat up ur coolant. I've never had a H2O setup so not sure if that’s possible for DIY.

I'm keeping my Monsoon II as it was out of the box, no mods. This thing does an amazing job - dropped 10C on A64 4000+ 242x12 @ 1.57V and gave me a little better OC, hence little because I crashed windows and figured I'd test my current SIG with the fresh install. Now I see the Opty165 305x9 @ 1.35V cpu core Load/#1 43C #2 44C (duel prime95) idle/ #1 29C #2 31C with everest. Amb temp 27C.

Put my order in today. Probably see the vigor monsoon around Thursday or so.

Hope ur as pleased as I am.

Looks like I'm going to be the first one around here to mount it on a naked chip.

GL with the naked chip.

wondering about oreintation of the vigor. Does it vary from MB to MB or does it pretty much install one way.

I'm going to be instaling it on the DFI NF3250gb. with a 6800Ultra that has a zalman VF700.

At least for Socket AM2, you can orient it any way you like.

I think you'll use the same hardware as me (K8). It appears ur able to point the fan in any direction (fersur front to back). I have a fan on my memory and it comes close to not fitting under the metal case around the HS. But have mine pointed pull'n from the front and exhausting out the back. You'll need to get rid of the heat coming off the HS cause it is quite warm.

I thought about pointing it up and exhausts out blowhole fan, never tried. That’s why I'm not sure if the hardware allows u to go up and down with the direction of the fan.

I thought about pointing it up and exhausts out blowhole fan, never tried. That’s why I'm not sure if the hardware allows u to go up and down with the direction of the fan.

Thats a thought I have a 120mm blowhole in the top of my cheiftec case and a nice high cfm panaflo.