Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this sucks, didn't know that it wouldn't work for a naked CPU. guess wifey's stock Venice will get nice and cool at least.

Thinking of modding it to fit... I dunno... this sucks!

Why not for a naked CPU?

I'm installing it on a 3400+mobile it's naked

3400clawxv4.jpg

It has metal standoffs, but I figured out that I could flip the bottom bracket around, since I had to move them anyways to make it face the right way. Anyways it still won't work right since now the screw of the bracket actually bottoms out on the motherboard, I tried screws with a flatter head, but it still hits. The cooler definitely won't sit level since one core was reading 65C and the other one 90C in CoreTemp. :eek: Needless to say I shut her down for the night and will probably order another bolt-through cooler. I am trying to figure out if I can use a Tuniq Tower 120, or not..

That thing was horrible to mount by myself, did it about 7 times by myself and twice with my wife. I did it so many times, trying to get it working in this lidless CPU.

Honestly I didn't have much of an issue mounting it solo, other than it took 4 times to get it right since I kept forgetting thing (orientation, thermal paste)...but yeah it'd be much harder with a loose piece of copper to consider.

Hope she works out well! :)

If it's on the cpu in your sig it will handle it....

From the reading I have done this thing reallt starts to shine with warm ambient temps... like 70-80f...

seems the cooler cycles less often with cooler ambient temps like 50-60f..

so you guys running ice cold rooms with low ambient wont realize the benefit of this cooler...crank up the furnace and warm the room up to 75f and see how the cooler does...;)

google it....

I would really like to see where you read this as it makes absolutley no sense what so ever. It is a TEC but attached to an air cooled HS so ambient temps while not only keeping your innards cooler would in fact keep the HS cooler, thus dissipating more heat.

I'm will have the 2 120mm case fans on a controler. so I'm going to give the monsoon a workout with the case fans off and the try with them on and see how it goes.

I've tried this and all my tempertures went up. The Monsoons HS puts out a lot of heat and IMO needs exhusted with the 2x 120. I've add a 120 blowhole to help.

Just ordered a couple of different 80w TEC's off of Ebay. Come hell or highwater I'm gonna figure out a) how to completely destroy my Monsoon or B) get this thing to properly cool a Conroe setup. I'd swear the TEC isn't even functional on this unit :D Even my Freezone reacts positively to cooler ambients (8c idle on stock voltage) and this thing never seems to go below 26~27c operating temp regardless of ambients. Gonna make that little dude with the shovel stop his digging and start scrambling around looking for a winter coat!!! One thing I'm going to try before dis-assemblig the unit is to bypass the controller and connect the TEC directly to the PSU. By the time I'm done I think the pretty blue LCD display/controller will be sitting in a box collecting dust ;)

Wish me luck!!!