Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

we will see how she scales under phase by the end of the week :)

Cant see a difference between this or my e6600 in games though, what kinda 3dmark06 or 05 results did you get with your sig rig?

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Good morning Chump. Nice entries on your newest motherboards.

Your short description on the last one is off on the multiplier though.

I think you meant 450 X 8 = 3.6ghz right?

Good job someone's paying attention thanks buddy.

Question to you LGA775 experts since I'm a newbie when it comes to Intels...

How the frell do I properly Orthos my Quad Core CPU? LOL I'm clueless...

Also, any help with my RAM timings would be appriciated.. my RAM will be listed (IN DETAIL) in my signature soon enough, I'm making a new one for the new system right now.

And what voltage is a QX6850 supposed to run at stock? Just curious cuz I've seen different numbers from different places.

How the frell do I properly Orthos my Quad Core CPU?

Hiya,

You need Prime v 25.3.1.0.

Easy as just run it, no faffing about with setting affinity or anything.

Lil' late now ;) That's okay though, I've got definitive proof I didn't cheat and that it is stressing all four cores to the max, I'm almost 8 hours in and it hasn't failed yet, 16 more hours and I'll have myself my first Stock Database entry ever ;) And since I couldn't find any OFFICIAL OCDB/Stock Database way to do Quad Cores, I just did a capture of Orthos/Prime95x2 when I started them with it showing my RAM usage etc. and the time, and I'll do another one when I end it, and include them both in my entry...

And to top that off, I can't find that for download anywhere... let me show you guys how I have it running right now since it's comin' up on 8 hours, and you can tell me what you think:

Starting Screenie:

th.0794f18122.jpg

Screenie from just a few moments ago (8hrs in):

th.12e1befd4c.jpg

What I plan to do is, post the beginning screenie I just posted, then another that's over 24 hours (that I'll take around 2:40AM tonight) with Everest & CPUz and 3DMark01 in it, to fulfill the need for a screenie of a 24 hour stress test... in the future, if I can actually find a download of Prime v25.3.1.0, I'll be sure to download and use it, but this method, while a bit of a hassle, I'm sure wouldn't bother most enthusiasts that actually have quad cores, anyway.

And note that I am closing NVidia Monitor Between captures and just watching Intel TAT since it's more accurate, that's why the positions of things have changed SLIGHTLY in the second picture (Prime95s were moved down a bit).