Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Guest element

Yeah seconded by KingFisher. 6600GT's is no slouch in real games. And if you got it cheap who cares? they should have enuf fire power till the G80 refresh. Which hopefully is when we can afford a uprade :angel:

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so bad about having 6600GTs? I had 2 in SLI before, and I sure as hell was not embarassed.;)

If you are into benching then you don't need to ask :angel: It's not about the fact that they work just fine. It's all about the numbers :)

I've slipped into the dark side of benching and it's all that matters these days. I won't post unless I'm a happy camper with the results. Once you get a taste of some serious numbers anything less just isn't good enough. The old "E-Penis" thing but I gotta tell ya...when you aren't gaming and actually using your PC the benching aspect is really quite fun...regardless of what people may say. E-Penis away I say and damn the torpedos :beer

Well after a few more tweaks I got 522 FSB stable. It not much but its an improvement. I should have waited for the undate to the OCBD.

Running benchies @ 2110 QDR (527 FSB). I wasn't able to do this until I upped the CPU VTT voltage to 1.5 and changed a few memory timings. Orthos freezes 2-3mins.

There might be more left in this chip and it's just my mad noob skills haven't unlocked the perfect combo. ;)

If you are into benching then you don't need to ask It's not about the fact that they work just fine. It's all about the numbers

I've slipped into the dark side of benching and it's all that matters these days. I won't post unless I'm a happy camper with the results. Once you get a taste of some serious numbers anything less just isn't good enough. The old "E-Penis" thing but I gotta tell ya...when you aren't gaming and actually using your PC the benching aspect is really quite fun...regardless of what people may say. E-Penis away I say and damn the torpedos

It's all tongue in cheek oldguy, I get a kick out of all you noobs trying to one-up each other.

Nothing wrong with a little oneupmanship. Striving for more is human nature. Without it where would be? I'm sure this trait follows OldGuy in everything he does and leads to some pretty sweet outcomes. I know it does for me.

I am never content, always restless and looking for more from everything I do. Has nothing to do with being noob or trying to oneup anybody. Just my nature.

Name your passion, if you compete then there has to be a yardstick for measuring success. We all just have different passions. For some it might be catching the biggest fish, shooting the lowest score on the golf course, drag racing with the fastest 1/4 mile times etc. For most computer enthusiasts the way we validate the ton of money we spend on our hardware is through benchmarking. Benchmarking is fun, and it can also be a valuable tool for helping to determine if everything in our systems is running up to it's full potential. It's also a good way to widdle away hours at a time tweaking stupid little stuff that 99% of the general public have no clue about. But thats why they call us enthusiasts! :)

I was that way until I landed my first Intel Conroe build Wevs. I'm still amazed at it's performance.

Besides that I can't really tinker more until my tuniq tower arrives tomorrow, my temps are just too high for my liking.

In the meantime, as I said, I like watching you folks, like a bunch of hungry dogs fighting for the scrap of meat thrown in the midst of all of you.

It's also a good way to widdle away hours at a time tweaking stupid little stuff that 99% of the general public have no clue about. But thats why they call us enthusiasts! :)

Many, many hours. Working on this off and on for about two weeks so far. This has turned into such a challenge my 8800 cards are sitting on the desk. Just having to much fun with the x1900xt.

Aqua0525d.JPG

Well after a few more tweaks, 522.5x7 @ 1.45V is stable. Another drop in voltage to the VCore.

I said before "I wasn't able to do this until I upped the CPU VTT voltage to 1.5." This isn't true, I just ran Orthos 9hours using 1.4V for CPU VTT. The same setting as before. I did have to increase the 1.2HT voltage to 1.35V (up .05V)

Nice work Praz ~ 4.5GHz.

After passing all OCDB entry tests (Orthos and all 3DMarks) @ 3.658GHz. I tried to play CC:S and got lockups, right away after loading a map. So I upped the CPU VTT voltage back to 1.5 and played for a few hours. I guess I need it there to be stable.:O Still running CPU @ 1.45V.

The OCDB entry is a general indication of stability. The proof comes from using your normal 24/7 apps.

Oh. and thanks. But the 4.5GHz isn't anything anyone else can't do with phase. The fun has been the x1900xt. And as of last night it now holds the single card world record at HWbot and it might have a little more left in it.