The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a router >> I have both dsl and cable my cable connect is going to Nvida lan port dsl i have it hooked up to marvel .. but I disable marvel port in device manager..in both xp and vista.

I know MBM won't support my next board so I'm kinda looking to future proof my monitoring program. With Vista downloaded i can go ahead and start working on putting something together. Even though it has its own set of problems at the moment Samurize will work in Vista. Using Everest I can port all of its system monitoring info into Samurize using WMI calls.

Tried 64-Bit version and got endless bluescreens, even @ stock settings (MS hates me...).

32-Bit Vista is running fine so far. Still no 5.1 sound with my card, but I think it is because of xxxx Creative drivers.

Tried to install Battlefield 2142 Beta with no go, will try other games later.

Gipse

member scaramonga posted this at another forum. I think it's hilarious :)

Vista gaming will be 10 to 15 per cent slower than XP

Microsoft is telling its selected gaming industry chaps that gaming under Vista will be ten to fifteen per cent slower than XP. It is because you have to load the 3D desktop all the time. It is ironic, as the same company tells the developers that the same API can do certain things up to four times faster.

Inquirer

mhm ... french fries. (I thought they changed that to freedom fries, LOL)

Anyways, RC2 x86 keeps crashing on me with video driver errors.

Age of Empires III won't work right for me either. Even on lowest graphics settings the game crashes and tearing is really noticable when it doesn't crash.

DvdDecrypter works, but pops up an error upon exiting; "Failed to set data for 'DVDDecrypterPlayDVDMovieOnDemand'" Whatever that means, Google won't show any hits about that error, so it might be my setup.

Nero still won't work, and DVDLab 2 won't register my serial correctly.

I need at least Nerovision or some other DVD authoring software to work, for me to keep RC2 on this machine, otherwise it's back to XP SP2 for me ... yet again :rolleyes:

anyone else having the issues where a simple network transfer instantly kills your lan connection and only way out is a hard reset of your system? using nv lan with rc2 drivers. same issue with 5728 and 5744. also same problem randomly when using utorrent.

anyone else having the issues where a simple network transfer instantly kills your lan connection and only way out is a hard reset of your system? using nv lan with rc2 drivers. same issue with 5728 and 5744. also same problem randomly when using utorrent.

Not had that one and I share a lot on RC1 x64