kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

member scaramonga posted this at another forum. I think it's hilarious

Quote:

Vista gaming will be 10 to 15 per cent slower than XP

Microsoft is telling its selected gaming industry chaps that gaming under Vista will be ten to fifteen per cent slower than XP. It is because you have to load the 3D desktop all the time. It is ironic, as the same company tells the developers that the same API can do certain things up to four times faster.

Inquirer

While playing Source in RC1 I get about 30 FPS with a little lag :-| Needless to say, I was like WTF?! I get 130 fps or more in XP. (settings maxed in both cases)

Additionally, in FEAR I get avg 80 FPS max settings during the stress test. Vista reports 22, with BBBAAAADDDD scroll effects.....

I dont think rendering the 3d background can hit me that bad can it? (i didnt toy around with settings or anything, just installed some stuff and went for it)

i play source with config in sig at 1920x1200 with 6x/16x and everything high but hdr. negligable differences between vista and xp. my lows are a bit lower but still maintain above 40fps even in heavy firefights. similar with nfs:mw. lows are a bit lower but i've not had to change my settings to maintain playable framerates.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

well i had a random restart with rc2, only thing i CAN think of is that i installed vista nvidia drivers, and thats all, and when i got back in vista, it gave a description of the error, "blue screen"

anyone have this yet?

I just have this feeling that there are way too many things about Vista that either we don't know or maybe are not supposed to know.

Ever meet a guy and think, "there's something about him that just doesn't sit right with me"?

I got that feeling.