The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I have been wanting 3GHz for sometime and I'm determined to get it LOL And if an Opty is what I need, then an Opty I shall have.

Still very disappointed in my 60 :( I may keep it and wait til I get Phase Cooling, if I do, and pop'er back in to see what voltage it will take to get 3 outta her.

But in the mean time, I should have a 3GHz score within the next two weeks if all goes well :-D

I'm runnin' 05 on my sis's comp right now with that Opty at 2.4Ghz, RAM at 444MHz, FSB at 1072MHz, makin' sure it can pass that, if it does, I'll start it on Prime. Only had to turn the voltage up from 1.425Vs to 1.45Vs to get it up to 2.4 LOL Idle temp is still low, 33-34, not bad for air cooling. Load temps may be a bit high but with that high powered fan, I don't anticipate any problems. Heck I've seen that Opty hit 55-57C and just keep chuggin. Gotta love made-for-server processors, they don't mind heat.

That system is:

Opty 165 CCBWE 0604 @ 2.4GHz @ 1.45Vs (right now)

2GBs Patriot PC3200 ([email protected] right now)

Leadtek 7800GTX OCed to 490/1.3GHz

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo

we'll see how she does, at 2.2GHz a lil' while ago she hit 8593 on 05, not bad for an ol' 7800GTX LOL

Insta-update:

Just passed 05 at 2.4GHz - 8709. Niiiiice ;) Half tempted to shut mine down and pop my two 7900s in there, see what it can score with those LMAO I might later, right now I wanna make sure that 2.4 is stable by runnin' Prime95... think I'll run 06 first just cuz I wanna see the CPU score, I remember it used to give me around 18-1900 at 2.4 in the past. ::Goes to run that::

Another Insta-update:

Ran AM3, 94619, again not shabby at all for a 7800GTX-based system. I'm runnin' 06 now, then I'll start Prime95. Seems to be good and stable tempy and bench wise. We'll see though. I'll report back again once Prime95 starts after around 20 minutes so I can list the top load temp ;) lol

Insta-update #3:

06 - 4821. For a 7800 256, that's pretty good no? CPU score was right where I expected it to be with that ram, 1800ish. Prime95 is runnin' as we speak, which means it'll be done at roughly 6AM in the morning with an 8 hour run. I just wanna make sure it's rock stable before I leave it like that, last thing I want is my sister b*tching about her computer not being stable LOL

Insta-Update #4:

After 20 minutes of Prime95, it is now idle-loading at 51-52C. Not bad for air cooling at all, I don't expect it to get much higher as it's fluctuating back and forth between 51-52. We shall see though.

Yup looks like a 2.6GHz chip like I thought it would. Good luck with that.

EDIT: Hah, I just found that I've the 23rd fastest graphics rig over at overclock.net. Third fastest single card rig (gx2's don't count). And easily the fastest AMD single card score. Not too shabby.

Just added mine up, comes out to 99823 from my OCDB entry. That puts me in 9th. Not too bad considering most of the top honors are the evil Conroe LOL

And I think my 01 score is a weebit fluky... I notice the guy in 8th place isn't beating me on anything but it looks like LOL Okay he's beatin' me on 01 and 03 by a small margin. Punk LMAO

And that chart just further proves I really don't know why people think Crossfire is worth the money.

With the exception of 05, I'm kind of sad at the gross fellatio that the 3dmark benches give the nvidia cards. The real world performance is so much different than what those benches say. Honestly the only real comparison would be ATi to ATi and NV to NV comparos.

EDIT: I really am waiting for the RD600 intel board to come out and then jump ship... xfire/conroe ooo yeah.

LOL Alls I have to say is Intel better enjoy it's #1 spot while it lasts, cuz when AMD makes their come back it'll be as bad as the Athlon 64 crisis was for Intel, total freakin' ownage LOL

And meh, I have to say that if the 7950 is any inkling of things to come, I don't think ATI stands a chance... 'specially since it's extinct now that AMD is it's owner (or soon to be, haven't read articles recently to see if it's finally over with).

Tis like I told someone in the past, if I hadn't already had a 7900GTX when the 7950 came out, i wouldn't've gotten SLI, I woulda went for one of them cuz they are great. Single-card performance that is just off the charts.

I mean yer talkin' in Oblivion specifically, it gets better FPS with a stock system than SLIed 7900s OR Crossfired X1900s. Granted it's like 22.9 FPS VS 20 in SLI and 17 in Crossfire, but still, that's with a FX-60/DDR400 system running at stock. You OC, the margine between them is only gonna go up. Course, the SLI score will go up quicker, found that out personally LOL

Ok boys and girls, I've just picked up a set of Corsair TwinX PC4000pt, with UCCC chips I believe. I got it from a fellow DFI Expert user whos had it running at 275-285 for a while now. I'm currently running it on some of his timings at 280 with 2.8v, and it seems to hold up both in memtest test 5, and hard gaming:) To be honest, I'm not to keen on timings, and plan to tighten asap. In any case, my GGG 170 is loving the high speed 2Gb goodness:D

Any of you have any recommendations on voltages and timings for a set of UCCC which easily seems capable of 280+ ??

/me looks at Praz ;)... and other UCCC users:)