The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the good old days when I had 4GBs of VX OCZ PC4000 running in my computer.

Too bad I was stupid and sold a set of them off, had them runnin' sweet at 2.5-3-3-8@ around 446MHz or so.

And FlowerKing... to be frank, I wouldn't care if they ran as advertised or at 270 LOL Long as they're running faster than 250, those timings are sweet enough to justify picking 4 of them over 2 1GBs @ 3-4-3-8 don't you think?

My CFX made it back to me this afternoon. Same board, no information included, just a board in box. Problem was still there with my Raptors but after 4 days of experimenting with a friends CFX3200 I found the problem to be just with Raptors. Hitachi SataII's would run all day without errors and this is proving to be true with my board as well. Anybody want to buy a few 36 gig Raptors? :)

Now I can pick up where I left off over a week ago with the 4400 and UCCC. So far I have made it to 11 X 240 1:1, 2.5 3 6 3 with the UCCC. My TCCD is beat down to CAS 2 so I can't shoot for any DDR600 runs but I still have a few sets of BH5 that are above average. At least at I'll get a chance to see how well this board will clock 4 dimms at 1T.

My first runs with the 4400 brought 2800, so it will probably max around 2850.. I will take the 148 for another spin in this board pretty soon. See if I can get into the 3200 club..

I checked the WD site for updates but none were available. I'm going to call and see what they say, maybe there is something un-official.

I'll get some DB entries up with this board so we can see the end results. 240 is the max I can pull at 2.5 3 6 3 and it falls off fast, by 257 I have to throw 3 4 8 4 at it, still testing past 275...

Ok, well my prime failed.... But on a lighter note, I'm currently in windows (back on 1:1), posting here with the FSB/memory at 290 :D... same timings and Voltage:D

Lets re-boot and try for 295 eh.:)

I always seem to see issues with Corsair in this forum, but from this experience... what are the kids saying these days.. ah yes, FTW

EDIT: 295.. la-de-da......:rolleyes:

EDIT 2: It took a little loosening, and another .04v, but here ya go.... Obviously, Prime95 fails pretty fast.. heh.

300az6.png

I must see what this stuff can pull at CAS 2.5. But for now, I'll try for a prime at 285x10 1:1, back at 3-4-4-8... If that works, we'll see if 290 can be stabalised:)

What I find nun-too-appealing, is going from 2-2-2-5 with the UTT, to 3-4-4-8 with the UCCC :(

Mmm. Although I kinda understand what the difference is, I still don't know UCCC from UTT from whatever else there is when I'm holding it in my hand unless someone else on the forums calls it.

Like I know my DDR600 is TCCD but other than that... no clue. Is there somethin' on the actual sticks that says it or what?