The AMD 3GHz Club

The bios the 704 2BTA is based on had a bug where it could go to the max CPU VID and the special would still be applied.. IE if you were running 1.2 with a 123% special on some occasions it would boot with 1.55 and 123% or whatever special was being used.. It killed a few CPU's..

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

04/06/06 official DFI bios, the same as i'm running. It's got the full works as far as vid options(yep, dead cpu's offered :D). I think we're old enough and ugly enough to know when to stop(ar'nt we :eek:)

@Kitfit: Yes but every once inna' while I'll still make a mistake. Like the other day I was thinkin' I'd set for [email protected]*110% Thought I'd hosed the processor...(Wouldn't boot!!) Really I had it set for 285X11.....Hehee. Got er' up to 1.35X110% when she booted then it dawned on me..... Just a minor goof but it made me wonder if I was ok.

@CPDMF: Thanks.... That's why he did that Oh OK. Myself I've seen peeps load 1.5X133% wasn't too good for thier processors. I just sorta' thought he might have been safety proofin' us abit. LOL

I'll have to get that setup to dualboot on the 170/7900 machine, I just love an OS that can actually utilise dual core..

If you need advice or assistance I'll be glad to set you up, I do Linux Systems Integrations all the time :)

My current setup now on this is dual-boot WindowsXP/Gentoo Linux

I got the linux partition fully encrypted so to be able to boot it up, I need to insert my usb key as it's my bootloader now. btw alot of pc games run well in Linux under Wine ;)

I usually just run a fully encrypted file system on my laptop but since there is really no noticeable decrease in speed, so I decide to utilize it on all my new rigs. Let me know I can point you to the right docs and or help you set it up :)

Cheers for that mate, I'll definitely take you up on the offer once I set aside the time to get things sorted.

I currently have Ubuntu running on my nf3 250Gb but I want something on the main pc to game on (Mx420's just don't cut it anymore!;)).

I like the usb key idea, keep out prying eyes heh.

Well I just picked up a Scythe Ninja + from the shop... Can't WAIT to get home and hook that puppy up... Watch out TFK... I'm coming for ya.

Oh BTW: I think we may have hit an HTT limit on your mobo when I was at your place...

Think this tccd is coming around a little better now. Starting to get the timing's tighter and got a better pi 1 meg time but was too busy trying to get under 26 seconds and forgot to get a screen shot. Updated my ocdb with them but still can't get below 2.5-4-8-3 to be prime stable. MAL is still to loose but anything under 10 and prime crashes after a couple hours.

Well it sure is nice now that it has cooled off here. Got some new pi times up there and this tccd might not like running 2.5-3-5-3 but doesn't mind a low a$$ed tras. By far the best I have pulled off yet :) kinda in shock right now. I think the 1m might drop some more since 32m passed at 3250.

pi25828ax5.th.jpg

pi22m30954rw6.th.jpg

piconfirmationnt7.th.jpg