The AMD 3GHz Club

The dice is coming. I should have this stupid CFX sorted to the point where I can use it as my main gaming rig by the end of the week. I'm back on my expert until my PCI-E U320 Raid card gets here sometime next week. If I don't run into problems booting from the card on CFX I will be in good shape. (crosses fingers)

I'm also right in the middle of building a website for my business so that is consuming a lot of my time. Especially considering I have to do it on a NF7-S/3200+ Barton rig. I'm 2 weeks into that and all I have done is the front page.

Can't wait to see what u pull off bud. Suck's the cfx has so many issues right now. My gamexstream will be here monday but I am having problems deciding which case to get. Probably looked at 2000 of them in the last couple day's but most of the ones I like are really spendy.

OldGuy-How do you like that tsunami case? That is one of the ones I have been looking at but I might just buy some cheap pos and mod the hell out of it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They get serious money for cases these days. I use a an old Cheiftech dragon server case. It's huge and all steel so it isn't easy to transport but it has held to 3 1/2 years worth of mods. One of these days I will actually get some shots of it when I can slow down my parts replacing long enough to actually have the cables and stuff in their place..

I'll be selling off a whole bunch of stuff in the coming weeks. Not just because of the new rig but because I have way too much good stuff sitting around collecting dust (and been too lazy to advertise it). An NFII infinity with an XP 2600 mobile sitting in a Tsunami case. My NF3 250gb with Thundas mobile 3400 in a Super Lanboy. Several TCCD kits (XBLK, OCZ PC4800's). Been on a PC building binge since April of last year :D Been alot of fun and learned alot from hangin' around here...

I'm looking at your TCCDs .... PM me if you have some spare kits to let go =D.

Thanks alot.

Anyway cooling is the name of the game to this Opteron chip. You get it at the lowest possible temperature without a coldbug, something near 3.4-3.5Ghz is close already. I'll say even with fantastic cooling not much voltage is required either, Opterons that i've seen only needed 1.5-1.6V to hit 3.4Ghz on sub-zero cooling :D

Well I've sold my chip guys, And I'm moving on to a X2 3800.

The move is only costing me 10 bucks so I'm happy, I wonder if it can hit 3GHz :P

If it was AM2 then I'd say you'd have better luck getting 3GHz but I'd say 2.7GHz is more of an attainable goal.

Of course.. YMMV ;)

All the best of luck with it!

The LDBHE 0601's do great, 3Ghz shouldn't be a problem. Same for the 0606 if i remembered correctly.

Here's the qualifing db entry

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=309

I delidded the little Opty, chipped a corner, bought a Thermalright Ultra 120 instead of going water, put the cap back on the the 146 and got it to work at 3G. I thought that spending around four c's was awful selfish so I got the Ultra and a 165! It's a CCBWE 0530TPMW and what little I've played with it took it to 2745 or so. After that it's drop the divider to 150 and I couldn't get it to boot higher than 2800 but now I'll throw the Ultra 120 on it and see if something around 2800 is possible. Even at 2745 it smokes the 146, and plays Sim City with no lagging. I think I'm gonna like dual cores. Gotta go watch Deal or No Deal. Later.

Nice work petercintn! You need to update the description at the bottom of the ocdb entry to reflect the 3G though ;)

Done!

I'm the same with my dual core at 2.4GHz, I take that over my 3.1GHz single core any day!

I thought they were worse for gaming but the dual cores do fine with that too.