The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my chip doesn't like too much voltage probably because of heat issues. 1.65 volts was failing at the same clocks 1.59 passes. One of these days i'm gonna have to get around to watercooling it to see just what it will do. Just don't have the funds right now.

Seen some of that, better cooling will help alot.

1.58 Seems like the sweet spot for this 146 3290 pi run took 1.62 but failed with 1.65. Man I wish it would prime that high. But only needing 1.456 for 3g's sure is nice. Kinda glad it don't like lot's o volt's. ;)

Oldguy- That tip for trying 2.9 is the main thing that kept those pi run's stable 2.8 failed the 32mb test when I tried it. Big thanks my man.

1.58 Seems like the sweet spot for this 146 3290 pi run took 1.62 but failed with 1.65. Man I wish it would prime that high. But only needing 1.456 for 3g's sure is nice. Kinda glad it don't like lot's o volt's. ;)

Oldguy- That tip for trying 2.9 is the main thing that kept those pi run's stable 2.8 failed the 32mb test when I tried it. Big thanks my man.

Glad I could help you crush us all................:P We're not worthy!!! We're not worthy!!!! heheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeee

LOL I just watched waynes world like 3 days ago. Well I tried to see if I could get any lower times last night but could only match those. Someone will come along and shatter those times eventually. I remember someone mentioning some dice was coming so could be sooner than later.

LOL I just watched waynes world like 3 days ago. Well I tried to see if I could get any lower times last night but could only match those. Someone will come along and shatter those times eventually. I remember someone mentioning some dice was coming so could be sooner than later.

Can I play shatter the super PI times when I get my Conroe next week? I promise to only run it at 3ghz :)

The dice is coming. I should have this stupid CFX sorted to the point where I can use it as my main gaming rig by the end of the week. I'm back on my expert until my PCI-E U320 Raid card gets here sometime next week. If I don't run into problems booting from the card on CFX I will be in good shape. (crosses fingers)

I'm also right in the middle of building a website for my business so that is consuming a lot of my time. Especially considering I have to do it on a NF7-S/3200+ Barton rig. I'm 2 weeks into that and all I have done is the front page.

I'll be selling off a whole bunch of stuff in the coming weeks. Not just because of the new rig but because I have way too much good stuff sitting around collecting dust (and been too lazy to advertise it). An NFII infinity with an XP 2600 mobile sitting in a Tsunami case. My NF3 250gb with Thundas mobile 3400 in a Super Lanboy. Several TCCD kits (XBLK, OCZ PC4800's). Been on a PC building binge since April of last year :D Been alot of fun and learned alot from hangin' around here...