The AMD 3GHz Club

Yeah, CoreTemp is an odd one, or at least the on-die sensors are. For me, what was the hotter core by quite a bit, became the cooler core once I poped the IHS (bad contact obviously) It's now 5-6 deg cooler than core 2 at idle, but they get closer together under load... and the cooler is the one that always fails..

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't consider just do it, your cpu will thank you,.. oh btw only do it if you're on water, not worth it on air really.
Still worth it on air. My old 3700 lost like 8 degrees, and gained 50+ Mhz under a Sonic Tower... It's just a whole lot scarier fitting the cooler..

oooh, you added purdy rig pics pics to the GGG's TFK.

Here's mine for the moment, to be moved to a Lian Li v2000b next week. (please excuse the ghey blue fans)

dsc005442gseh5.th.jpg

On another note, I've got a 2x512 set of UTT-Bh5 on it's way to me, so we'll see how my 3200/3140 PI 1M/32M runs go with plenty of volts through the stuff:)

(Did a trade + Cash for my 2x1gb crappy Mushkin kit, which it looks like I may be replacing with a DFI Expert proven 280+ set of 2Gb Corsair)

Anyways, I'm off on holiday for a week with no net, and when I get home I'll have a nice new case an some RAM waiting to be played with.

Well shes priming now @3112 1.695 vid I dunno if it'll pass or not tried awhile [email protected] vid failed. Well see if it werks or not. If it don't I guess I'll need a diffrent processor. At anyrate 3.0ghz fails @1.66 so I have doubts But maybe I found a sweet spot. I guess well see. Maybe I should have rented a costume built a fire and invited poeple over.(Or is that for a cmos clear?) Oh well......

Well it failed @ 6hrs39mins. I restarted it but I probably shoulda' dropped the fsb a notch. Not much hope.

Edit: If-when it fail's this time I may try a diffrent bios. It's kinda' a long shot and the bios I'm currently using is about the best for my rig set-up combo. But I need better adjustibility on the vid.(Need smaller notchs)

Any suggestions? Anyone?

Thanks Kitfit: I'll try it.....It almost looks like I might have to try them all.(Like I did with the "Infinity").Tony took the special percent's over 113% out of all his bios that I've tried sofar. Too many new peeps cookin' processors. Maybe some old peeps too. Looks like an easy mistake a person could make. Anyway I set my A/C to coldest and locked the door.I'm hoping that'll make the diff for now. Temp's according to the board full load sez 34-36c.(Hope I don't kill it!!!)

Thanks Kitfit: I'll try it.....Tony took the special percent's over 113% out of all his bios that I've tried sofar. Too many new peeps cookin' processors. Maybe some old peeps too. Looks like an easy mistake a person could make. Anyway I set my A/C to coldest and locked the door.I'm hoping that'll make the diff for now. Temp's according to the board full load sez 34-36c.(Hope I don't kill it!!!)

04/06/06 official DFI bios, the same as i'm running. It's got the full works as far as vid options(yep, dead cpu's offered :D). I think we're old enough and ugly enough to know when to stop(ar'nt we :eek:)