The AMD 3GHz Club

Nice one kitfit1... keep pushing it!!! I'm totally jealous... I had to put my GGG compter in storage until I open my new office... now I wanna pull it out and see if I can get 335 x 9 to push myself up the ranks.. but I seriously doubt I'll be catching you even at 303 x 10... good job and good luck.

Thank's Darien, Unfortunately i'm not there yet(will i ever be). Still keep getting errors at the 2 to 2 and a half hour point. It could well be that the limit of this chip is 3ghz, i'm slowly coming to that conclusion. I am now out of time for about a week as well(off to Japan for a spot of work), so any further tries will have to wait. The real annoying thing about this, is that the cpu dose'nt appear to be cold bugged either. But there is a point at which any more vcore, just is'nt worth the bother for .3 or .4 of a gig.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank's Darien, Unfortunately i'm not there yet(will i ever be). Still keep getting errors at the 2 to 2 and a half hour point. It could well be that the limit of this chip is 3ghz, i'm slowly coming to that conclusion. I am now out of time for about a week as well(off to Japan for a spot of work), so any further tries will have to wait. The real annoying thing about this, is that the cpu dose'nt appear to be cold bugged either. But there is a point at which any more vcore, just is'nt worth the bother for .3 or .4 of a gig.

TFK commented awhile ago in this thread that it seemed like a lot of people hit 3.0 and just stopped at that point :) Not the case with me and I'm sure everybody tried to squeeze out more. Mine simply will not go beyond 3ghz...You'd think maybe 3010 would be do-able but to even go for more than an hour or two of prime at that frequency takes too much voltage for eventual failure and absolutely ZERO gain. If it were squeakin' by at 3.1 or 3.05 I might have been inclined to push for an OCDB entry but I think I've tortured it enough to just run nice an comfy where I'm at and just enjoy actually using my PC for a change :P

TFK commented awhile ago in this thread that it seemed like a lot of people hit 3.0 and just stopped at that point :) Not the case with me and I'm sure everybody tried to squeeze out more. Mine simply will not go beyond 3ghz...You'd think maybe 3010 would be do-able but to even go for more than an hour or two of prime at that frequency takes too much voltage for eventual failure and absolutely ZERO gain. If it were squeakin' by at 3.1 or 3.05 I might have been inclined to push for an OCDB entry but I think I've tortured it enough to just run nice an comfy where I'm at and just enjoy actually using my PC for a change :P

Yes i read that OldGuy. I must admit that i am in aggreement with your comments as well. Plus of course there is a point when it dose'nt matter what stepping of chip you've got, that it simply will not go any further(even under phase). That dose'nt stop us from trying though(otherwise, how do you know it won't go any further).

@CPDMF, sticky paws outstretched towards newly bought toys, normally have there claws removed :D But if i lived on your side of the pond, i'm sure you could borrow it(but not for long though :D )

I'm still trying to figure out how to get 10 hours of dry ice stored somewhere in this house. I already got my container. It's just not much fun an hour at a time anymore.

Yes, it does pose a bit of a problem for a Prime run :D

The Super Pi RaceTrack is open for all! Rev those engines people..

Let me go over the rules, safety is paramount on race days :

1 - MUST bring own helmet!

2 - Championship rankings require 1M and 32M entries.

3 - Super Pi must be mod1.4 or later.

4 - 2 CPU-Z screens showing cpu and memory tabs.

5 - Super Pi must show full calculation.

6 - ANY clock you want.

I've already put in the results for Ivan OS and MadDias so here's mine :

Pi 1M is 25.922s

Pi 32M is 24m16.735s

So what are ya waiting for? Do your oil changes and swap onto race slicks and take that baby for a burn!

Guest laydback

FlowerKing, my voltage isn't 1.65v, it's 1.61 (1.50x110)

Last time I did any PI runs was back in June, here's what I got then. I'll see if I can do any better tonight when it cools down a bit. 30c in my room right now.

1m:

1mht1.th.jpg

32m:

untitledpb8mm.th.jpg